AEW has problem, just to name a few...
1. Nobody other than Chris Jericho and Cody know how to be ‘television stars’
Week six of Dynamite and it’s sadly apparent that the ‘wrestling’ talent is closer compared to circus acts than Hollywood celebrities. Chris Jericho is wildly entertaining, with his segments clearly garnering critical acclaim. Cody Rhodes himself has stepped up in this regard, he looks like a star and has begin to speak like a star too.
Beyond that, we’re seeing cosplayers, people dressing like dinosaurs, street fighters, some stupid manga shit, party goers, but yes, after six weeks we have no idea how or why...
- Luchasaures is a dinosaur/man.
- Why is he jungle boy, has he ever been to a jungle?
- Random matches where wrestlers are dressing like Rick and Morty characters or street fighters, without real significant reason??
- What do I believe Private Party actually go to parties and live VIP lifestyles? They don’t seem to show it on their television, nor their twitter.
- Why the fuck is a japanese lady dressing up like Freddie Mercury? Velveteen and Shinsuke incorporates elements from Prince and Michael Jackson into their routine, but the Freddie Japanese lady is just perplexing and not entertaining enough for television.
These are only a very few examples.
2. The underwhelming performances of Kenny Omega.
Now I could get vitriol for this. I’ve been to WrestleKingdom 11 and 12, I’ve seen the brilliance of Kenny Omega, he is a shell of his former self here in AEW. This Kenny Omega looks unmotivated, distant and lacks focus compared to his phenomenal NJPW run, specifically his chase to the IWGP title.
He’s apparently responsible for the abomination that we are calling ‘the women’s division’, which has got to be by far, the weakest segment on every AEW show. Riho is average, Nyla botches everything, Brandi is absolutely the worst personality on the show, Awesome Kong is absent and past her prime, Britt Baker has been underwhelming, Kylie Rae mysteriously disappeared and went back to TNA (could this be related)?
Anyway, Kenny was signed for big money and deserves to be scrutinized here for a poor performance on the women’s division he’s attempted to establish and his own lack luster performances which include an average match with PAC that had a few bad botches and a television character that isn’t translating at this time.
3. The Dark Order, The Librarian, Brandi, Nyla Rose, Shawn Spears...
Characters that have been heavily promoted and have completely flopped. You could argue, well WWE have one billion guys that have flopped too, but first impressions are lasting, anyone tuning into that first episode would have had to watch all these acts, and all of them are so bad, that the hardest of hardcore fans cannot stand them either.
I’m impressed that AEW has acted quickly to relegate some of this talent, but id like to honeslty see them released at this point, or used to build the wins column for talent who I feel have exceeded my expectations and are important to the future of the show ...Sammy, MJF, Jericho, Cody, Dustin..
4. The WWE has literally signed up the cream of the crop, talent wise and unfortunately AEW are starting to be exposed for their lack of talent.
WWE could have awful shows, but then you see AJ Styles, or Adam Cole or WALTER, across the board they’ve signed up the best talent, AEW are scrambling for the crumbs on the floor sadly. To no fault of their own.
SOOOO heavily pushed, and the ‘company’ from China disbanded with nothing left to show for it other than CIMA.
Now let’s not forget, AEW we’re pumping this up like the Cruiserweights from Mexico were for WCW. it flopped hard.
I don’t want to be mostly negative, Chris Jericho is GOD. Sammy Guevera is developing nicely, they’ve got a really good Tag Team division and the Young Bucks are straight up fire, Cody has quite clearly morphed into a phenomenal player for them. Tony Schiavone has been the recruit of the year and let’s not forget this MJF and Cody story, which is blossoming quote beautifully.
But yes, there are problems and it’s important to discuss.
Bray Wyatt AXXESS VIP
HOF Tickets WrestleMania 31
HOF Tickets WrestleMania 34
Thanks for helping me get rid of them!