AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 256Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Japanese Puroresu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,211
Points: 6,095
                     
AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show

Interference or extended conflict in matches that don't need to continue on when they're done. Commentary using lines from WCW like "Don't turn your back on the Inner Circle" which is akin to "Don't turn your back on the Wolfpack." Trying to get guys over immediately when nobody knows anything about them and not giving them good introductions or stories to build them up. Not only that, their ring attire looks amateur at times IE Darby Allen and Private Party's ring attires looked like dog shit. Putting CIMA in dark matches despite being one of the best wrestlers on their roster.... I get why they are doing it with Omega, to try and get people to watch that regularly too.

I mean the Jericho promo was pretty good, I'll give them that. But the other guys need to get their own time to shine, and I hope they do it soon. LAX is a fantastic tag team and can do well in their own promos.

This would have been made fun of and laughed at with the Russo like booking even 10 years ago. I want AEW to succeed, trust me. I want EVERYONE in wrestling to succeed. I'm just not going to sit here and play favorites because it's anti-WWE or anti-Indy or anything like that. I just want good, logical, story driven wrestling that doesn't have a million things attached to it that don't need to be there.
BigCy and TheDraw like this.

Quote:
This Is Sum Bull Man. I Knew This Match Was Gonna Happen Because On Raw When The Sheild Beat Team Hell No At The End Of The Match They Held The Tag Titles And They Did The Same To Kofi. Kane And Brian Better Win Or Its Gonna Be To Scripted
Favorite Wrestlers: VerserK
Japanese Puroresu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Best Post Machine
 
Tilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 355
Points: 1,093
           
Re: AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show



Reddit is buzzing their ass off and all talking about how they're watching the replay.

AE Dub murdered tonight. Vince on suicide watch.
Tilon is offline  
post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:19 PM
 
TheLooseCanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11,901
Points: 31,387
                     
Re: AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show

More WCW pandering then please.

It's been 20 years almost with WWE trash. I need it.

TheLooseCanon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Cowboy Sh*t
 
V-Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 3,727
Points: 12,120
                     
Re: AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show

Quote:
This would have been made fun of and laughed at with the Russo like booking even 10 years ago
So you are a troll. I see.

V-Trigger is offline  
post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:20 PM
 
Chan Hung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14,094
Points: 3,935
                     
I disagree with the original poster I believe this is a great way to engage people in the last 10 minutes to create a refreshing mindset of unknown predictability to not knowing what's going to happen which is basically not current in the system of wrestling today where everything is boring the crowd stays seated and nobody cheers for anybody anymore instead they chat for CM Punk every damn time LOL so this is a good change

Chan Hung is offline  
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:21 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3,509
Points: 10,716
                     
Re: AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Puroresu View Post
Interference or extended conflict in matches that don't need to continue on when they're done. Commentary using lines from WCW like "Don't turn your back on the Inner Circle" which is akin to "Don't turn your back on the Wolfpack." Trying to get guys over immediately when nobody knows anything about them and not giving them good introductions or stories to build them up. Not only that, their ring attire looks amateur at times IE Darby Allen and Private Party's ring attires looked like dog shit. Putting CIMA in dark matches despite being one of the best wrestlers on their roster.... I get why they are doing it with Omega, to try and get people to watch that regularly too.

I mean the Jericho promo was pretty good, I'll give them that. But the other guys need to get their own time to shine, and I hope they do it soon. LAX is a fantastic tag team and can do well in their own promos.

This would have been made fun of and laughed at with the Russo like booking even 10 years ago. I want AEW to succeed, trust me. I want EVERYONE in wrestling to succeed. I'm just not going to sit here and play favorites because it's anti-WWE or anti-Indy or anything like that. I just want good, logical, story driven wrestling that doesn't have a million things attached to it that don't need to be there.
First, try to have some logic in your comment.
rbl85 is offline  
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:22 PM
ZSJ
Orienteering with Napalm Death
 
ZSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec City, QC
Posts: 3,293
Points: 1,938
                     
Re: AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show

Hopefully they keep committing these sins then because both shows have been fantastic.
ZSJ is offline  
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:22 PM
 
Tk Adeyemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 668
Points: 387
                     
I disagree with the OP, that was how the attitude era was and the ratings showed then that fans love that kind of stuff.
Tk Adeyemi is offline  
post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:24 PM
AEW's #1 Mark
 
OmegaMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 50
Points: 150
           
Re: AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show

Funny, I would say it's commiting the current WWE sin of being short on storylines and characters and making everything too in-ring focused. I have no reason to care about 90% of the roster, and have no investment in their matches. I have no reason to care who wins between the 70-year-old Brit goth guy or the 5'3", 110 lb. skateboarding geek, and that apathy puts a hard cap on just how entertained I can be by the match.
Kratosx23, Bosco82, BigCy and 3 others like this.
OmegaMark is offline  
post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Japanese Puroresu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,211
Points: 6,095
                     
Re: AEW is literally committing late WCW sins every show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSJ View Post
Hopefully they keep committing these sins then because both shows have been fantastic.
Glad you're enjoying it. There are always people with differing opinions. It's not a bad thing!


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLooseCanon View Post
More WCW pandering then please.

It's been 20 years almost with WWE trash. I need it.
There has always been more wrestling than WWE. I'm glad you enjoy it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk Adeyemi View Post
I disagree with the OP, that was how the attitude era was and the ratings showed then that fans love that kind of stuff.
It's no longer 1999, things have changed. If this stuff works out then Russo being incompetent should be changed to Russo was a man well ahead of his time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaMark View Post
Funny, I would say it's commiting the current WWE sin of being short on storylines and characters and making everything too in-ring focused. I have no reason to care about 90% of the roster, and have no investment in their matches. I have no reason to care who wins between the 70-year-old Brit goth guy or the 5'3", 110 lb. skateboarding geek, and that apathy puts a hard cap on just how entertained I can be by the match.

Edit: I agree with you, despite me knowing the majority of the roster.
jpickens likes this.

Quote:
This Is Sum Bull Man. I Knew This Match Was Gonna Happen Because On Raw When The Sheild Beat Team Hell No At The End Of The Match They Held The Tag Titles And They Did The Same To Kofi. Kane And Brian Better Win Or Its Gonna Be To Scripted
Favorite Wrestlers: VerserK

Last edited by Japanese Puroresu; 10-09-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Japanese Puroresu is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome