AEW DARK Discussion Thread - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 307Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 03:36 PM
 
LifeInCattleClass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,108
Points: 6,440
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Rider View Post
Yeah after this weeks smackdown I have a gap wrestling wise so this works for me. I would say recap it on the main show if possible for people who don't have the time or don't want to watch.
100% - if it is going to matter, they should mention results or something if it starts to weave into storylines - especially for those that do not watch

My NEW FREE game Pop The Cork is now available on Android

It is the BETA version, so please let me know what you think! Thanks!!
LifeInCattleClass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 03:47 PM
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 21,856
Points: 67,931
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raw Smackdown View Post
Why the hell should I come at you with anything other than what I said? You're the one that's whining about something that you can easily control. If you don't feel compelled to watch more wresting then DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT. You can keep up with other shows and have a life while watching the wrestling that interests you and if you don't well then make some damn time. If you don't wanna do that then cool. Just don't sit here and complain about "too much wrestling" when you can easily pick and choose what you wanna watch. You're whining about too much choice and it's silly in my mind. It's really not that hard.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. As with anyone else that whines about this same shit.
You should come up with something better because it's a weak response to give when you don't agree with something someone else says.

You quoted me. I responded back. I gave you my reasons why I don't care for the concept as it stand dealing with over exposure, too much wrestling at a time with everything else happening, offered an alternative.

If your reaction to that is to call me a whiner, use all caps, and use exclamation points because my opinion bothers you that much (and again, you quoted me), then I'm just wasting my time. And I'm done wasting my time.

TD Stinger is offline  
post #63 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 04:41 PM
 
The Raw Smackdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,138
Points: 15,817
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
You should come up with something better because it's a weak response to give when you don't agree with something someone else says.

You quoted me. I responded back. I gave you my reasons why I don't care for the concept as it stand dealing with over exposure, too much wrestling at a time with everything else happening, offered an alternative.

If your reaction to that is to call me a whiner, use all caps, and use exclamation points because my opinion bothers you that much (and again, you quoted me), then I'm just wasting my time. And I'm done wasting my time.
Let me say this. Don't you fucking ever tell me how to respond because I will respond however the fuck I feel like. If you don't like it that's YOUR problem and your's alone. Just like this Bullshit ass "overexposure" you have is your problem and once again. It's something you can easily control. And make no mistake about it i'm not stressing over how you think or feel. I just think it's a stupid mentality and I let you know that. So you can go and stress over how much wrestling you need to watch and I'll be over here being sensible and not complaining about the abundance of choices we got because you can't manage your time and your life right. You do you and I'll do me.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic660114_1.gif

Last edited by The Raw Smackdown; 10-06-2019 at 04:42 PM.
The Raw Smackdown is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 04:45 PM
 
The Raw Smackdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,138
Points: 15,817
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

Anyways...

This is a cool thing. With the roster that they have they're not gonna have time to showcase everyone so to showcase the dark matches of people that aren't on TV or aren't in anything important is a good Idea. It keeps those guys in the minds of fans and if they make these matches count in records that's actually better.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic660114_1.gif
The Raw Smackdown is offline  
post #65 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Le Champion
 
Corey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winchester, VA
Favourite(s): Naitooooo
Posts: 18,402
Points: 33,810
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

@TD Stinger ; after that shit show of a finish at HIAC, you still think there's too many options? Cause I just scratched some off my list for sure.

FIGHT FINISHED

Corey is offline  
post #66 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:01 AM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 38,645
Points: 81,528
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

I would have called it AEW AFTER DARK but just DARK works too

birthday_massacre is offline  
post #67 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:10 AM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 38,645
Points: 81,528
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
People saying "lol, you people are complaining about more content."

Yeah, I am.

Why? Because there's already a shit ton of wrestling out there already, on almost every night of the week. There are other non wrestling things people want to watch.

And with this they're basically going to have a 3 hour show a week. You throw in the fact that it's taped and I could learn the results days in advance if I wanted to, and ultimately this is just going to end up being a Velocity or Superstars like show that is going to go to the wayside for me.

And like I've already said before, over exposure is a thing. For me, what I would like to see more is more of a weekly recap show that breaks down the current win/loss records. And on that show, you show highlights from some of these dark matches. To me that would be cool.

But to basically have a 3rd hour where it's like "hey, here's 4 more matches", after a bit I'm just going to lose interest.
You are once again clueless like you are with all your shitty takes

AEW only worries about AEW not what other companies are doing or have on TV.

So AEW will only have two hours on TV each week and if you want more, they willl have this other show you can watch online.

AEW is trying to build a brand, and expose as many wrestlers they can, and they cant do that just by two hours of TV every week. So this extra online show to give you more, if you want to seek it out is perfect.

Who cares if its taped, the whole point of the extra content is to let people learn about new wrestlers who may not make TV.

AEW has 3 hours of content on TV per week vs 7 hours or more of WWE TV.

If anyone needs more time to show off their wrestlers its AEW and at least with AEW the people on this other show wont be anyone that was on TV the week before

That is what you call smart business, something you have no clue about and have shown over and over again

birthday_massacre is offline  
post #68 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:51 AM
TFA
 
TFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 29
Points: 87
 
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

Was hoping they'd post these matches for viewing and they delivered! Great idea. Will tune in weekly. Can't wait for Allin vs. CIMA.
TFA is offline  
post #69 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 07:38 AM
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 21,856
Points: 67,931
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

@Corey , wonít argue with you on this on, at least not today, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
You are once again clueless like you are with all your shitty takes

AEW only worries about AEW not what other companies are doing or have on TV.

So AEW will only have two hours on TV each week and if you want more, they willl have this other show you can watch online.

AEW is trying to build a brand, and expose as many wrestlers they can, and they cant do that just by two hours of TV every week. So this extra online show to give you more, if you want to seek it out is perfect.

Who cares if its taped, the whole point of the extra content is to let people learn about new wrestlers who may not make TV.

AEW has 3 hours of content on TV per week vs 7 hours or more of WWE TV.

If anyone needs more time to show off their wrestlers its AEW and at least with AEW the people on this other show wont be anyone that was on TV the week before

That is what you call smart business, something you have no clue about and have shown over and over again
Iím sorry my opinion bothers you so much. All of my shitty takes huh? Really? Please go ahead and make a list of all my shitty takes if Iím that god awful of a poster in your eyes.

Let me just be clear about be clear about this, I will probably watch the Dark show this week. Canít say itís somehing Iím going to care about weeks from now and will lead to guys being on screen too much in full length matches. My suggestion, do a highlight/ recap show as opposed to this. Acknowledge they happened, but not 4 extra matches a week. Because, Iíve seen the bad that can come from showcasing your guys too much.

There, thereís my opinion. And again, Iím sorry it pisses you off so much. There are several times I have thought you were flat out wrong about something. Did I call you clueless? No, I just countered with my own opinion. And donít tell me that I donít understand business as if you do or that this concept will end up being successful in the long run. Maybe it will, but itís not something Iím interested in or agree with.

And if you donít like my opinion, get over it.

TD Stinger is offline  
post #70 of 519 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 07:42 AM
KNEE DA PEOPLE
 
Lethal Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,158
Points: 4,376
                     
Re: AEW DARK begins this TUESDAY

Amazing - gonna make tracking W/Ls a lot easier for fans too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
People saying "lol, you people are complaining about more content."

Yeah, I am.

Why? Because there's already a shit ton of wrestling out there already, on almost every night of the week. There are other non wrestling things people want to watch.

And with this they're basically going to have a 3 hour show a week. You throw in the fact that it's taped and I could learn the results days in advance if I wanted to, and ultimately this is just going to end up being a Velocity or Superstars like show that is going to go to the wayside for me.

And like I've already said before, over exposure is a thing. For me, what I would like to see more is more of a weekly recap show that breaks down the current win/loss records. And on that show, you show highlights from some of these dark matches. To me that would be cool.

But to basically have a 3rd hour where it's like "hey, here's 4 more matches", after a bit I'm just going to lose interest.
I can understand where you're coming from - it's a lot of content very early on, sure.
But it's a good idea, almost necessary that they have matches on Youtube from the weekly shows.

People won't have to watch, I'm sure there'll be quick recaps on the show but it gives the hardcore & indie fans more to watch from the brand.
People going ham at you are silly people though. This section is turning toxic way too quickly.

Last edited by Lethal Evans; 10-07-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Lethal Evans is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome