AEW DARK Discussion Thread - Page 50 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 312Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #491 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 01:44 AM
C Mac G
 
The Inbred Goatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,769
Points: 9,451
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

My god, Hikaru Shida came of as the most likable face ever in that Dark Promo.

She's got way more potential than Riho as a top women's star, better look, better wrestler, way more charming. She can be huge(bias aside).
Geeee, Donnie, looper007 and 2 others like this.

The Inbred Goatman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #492 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 02:03 AM
 
looper007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,932
Points: 17,802
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inbred Goatman View Post
My god, Hikaru Shida came of as the most likable face ever in that Dark Promo.

She's got way more potential than Riho as a top women's star, better look, better wrestler, way more charming. She can be huge(bias aside).
Riho has got that something to her that the fan's love, going to be tough to topple her. But it was really 50/50 with the crowd reactions with her and Swole at that Dark Match. I think Shida will do very well in AEW.
Donnie and Jedah like this.

looper007 is online now  
post #493 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 04:46 AM
 
TheMaskedAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 842
Points: 2,563
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

I was actually impressed with her English. I know she's an actress as well and that can only open more doors for her down the line.
looper007 likes this.
TheMaskedAvenger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #494 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 04:53 AM
 
looper007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,932
Points: 17,802
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedAvenger View Post
I was actually impressed with her English. I know she's an actress as well and that can only open more doors for her down the line.
More practice and more interviews will help her get better, she's got a good grasp of it.
TheMaskedAvenger likes this.

looper007 is online now  
post #495 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 05:01 AM
Lucas Landslide
 
Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,063
Points: 694
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedAvenger View Post
I was actually impressed with her English. I know she's an actress as well and that can only open more doors for her down the line.
IIRC She wants to slowly transition out of Wrestling and do a lot more acting which is a big reason why she moved America.
TheMaskedAvenger likes this.

Oracle is offline  
post #496 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 05:41 AM
None. More. Hated.
 
RainmakerV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4,377
Points: 13,527
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

Leva Bates ass. Nuff said
Corey likes this.

RainmakerV2 is offline  
post #497 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 06:13 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,251
Points: 9,584
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmakerV2 View Post
Leva Bates ass. Nuff said
I hope they make use of her and Nyla as a tag team. Thatīs a chance to have a simple midcard feud. Have Nyla win all the matches, while Leva just stands around, but then Leva rubs it into Avalonīs face all the time how she is more successful (W-L records and such). Have a mixed tag match with Avalon/Leva, where they lose, then Leva say Nyla is a better wrestler than you. Itīs on PPV match Avalon vs. Nyla. Avalon goes over in a 10-12 minute match. Afterwards Leva tries to get her hand raised with his and he levels her. Leva finds herself a new male protege and you have the next feud with Avalon build in already.
ElTerrible is offline  
post #498 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 10:55 AM
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 21,863
Points: 67,952
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

I only saw the 2 women's matches.

Hikaru feels like she will be their top star one day with her looks and skills. And her English isn't bad either. Swole can do some impressive things, but i'm still not sold on her for a full match.

*The other match was a 10 minute squash that could have been 3. The only redeeming part about it being Leva's ass bouncing up and down on the apron (you knew what you were doing camera man). Moving on.
Jedah likes this.

TD Stinger is online now  
post #499 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
 
Death Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,123
Points: 22,931
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTerrible View Post
I hope they make use of her and Nyla as a tag team. Thatīs a chance to have a simple midcard feud. Have Nyla win all the matches, while Leva just stands around, but then Leva rubs it into Avalonīs face all the time how she is more successful (W-L records and such). Have a mixed tag match with Avalon/Leva, where they lose, then Leva say Nyla is a better wrestler than you. Itīs on PPV match Avalon vs. Nyla. Avalon goes over in a 10-12 minute match. Afterwards Leva tries to get her hand raised with his and he levels her. Leva finds herself a new male protege and you have the next feud with Avalon build in already.
This is a cool idea but Khan has said they are not doing intergender matches irrc so doubt it would happen. Cool idea though



Spoiler for Don't be sad it is over, be happy it happened:

Death Rider is offline  
post #500 of 532 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 02:29 PM
TEAM DARKLADY
 
THE LAST OF THE RED HOT REPPERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CASA DEL BAD SHIV
Posts: 59,000
Points: 296,194
                     
Re: AEW DARK Discussion Thread

I watched the last to Darks last night. Both Sadie Gibbs and Sole are pretty good. MJF did well on commentary which probably shouldn't surprise me. Shida stood out more than the other women. She's good and her English skills will be an asset of hers. Speaking of assets, Leva Bates

Loved hearing the reunion of Chuck Taylor and Excalibur on announcing. It couldn't match their PWG days but what really could?


THE LAST OF THE RED HOT REPPERS is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome