AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS! - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 1554Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:08 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 844
Points: 2,819
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmakerV2 View Post
To act like there aren't shades of grey between that horseshit they did and Bill Watts WCW no top rope rule is just laughable. I already said I liked the ladder match, I mean that had its fair amount of choreographed nonsense, but I respect the athleticism and timing the shit they did took. But like I said, AEW could put snuff porn on its PPVs and some of you would defend it, so I mean, I know the battle Im fighting here.


They've emphasized the fact that they want there to be a little bit of something for everyone, you're not guaranteed to enjoy every aspect of a PPV, or to enjoy the entire 2 hour show on TNT. Why? Because there's going to be a variety. Whether it's tag teams, bruisers, cruisers, comedy, womens, hardcore, etc. They're trying to let the show have a little bit of something for everybody, with the hopes that they'll enjoy other aspects of the show.

I'll continuously go on record to say that Jebailey/Nakazawa was one of my favourite things at Fyter Fest. There's few things my girlfriend dreadfully sits through with me for wrestling and the fact that we both got to enjoy that match together is what made it great for me. For her, comedy and hardcore are the things she will willingly watch without complaining. She doesn't give a shit about the main event scene or anything else.

Again, it's about there being a little bit of something for everyone. You don't have any right to determine what people are and are not allowed to enjoy.

<a href=http://imgbox.com/etAcrV6u target=_blank><a href=https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png target=_blank>https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png</a></a>
Raye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:08 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18,204
Points: 54,886
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys &amp; Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inbred Goatman View Post
Wasn't just the price point, the promotion of the Xbox One was a train wreck from the get go. The used games thing was the big thing, and yes, the ultimately went back on that, but the damage was done. $400 Vs. $500 was an element of it too, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't the only thing. MS butchered the promotion of the Xbox One to an obscene level.
Now this isn't great evidence, but at least from the folk I know that aren't viewers of E3 the big thing was price point. But yeah thats an all time worst press conference lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInCattleClass View Post
Must be a USA thing. In EU where I was at the time and ZA where I am now, the prices were pretty similar, with ps4 actually being a little more expensive

I remember the conversation in my head being something like Ď100 bucks more, but I can finally play Last of Usí - or something to that effect
Yeah the PS4 was like $100 cheaper than the Xbox One. Though Inbred is right and Microsoft fucked themselves with a terrible press conference.

Last edited by RapShepard; 09-13-2019 at 06:13 PM.
RapShepard is offline  
post #83 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:12 PM
 
LifeInCattleClass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,724
Points: 5,267
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

Yep.... that press conference.... woof!

‘We want to make your console....your tv’

Audience was like ‘wtf man?’
RapShepard and patpat like this.

My NEW FREE game Pop The Cork is now available on Android

It is the BETA version, so please let me know what you think! Thanks!!
LifeInCattleClass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #84 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:14 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18,204
Points: 54,886
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

You mean y'all didn't want to cut on your console with your voice.
LifeInCattleClass and patpat like this.
RapShepard is offline  
post #85 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Browse me
 
Chrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Google Headquarters
Posts: 25,716
Points: 56,966
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

Yeah, they do need to lower the ppv prices in the future, especially if All Out did worse than DON. I think 20$ is a good price for them.
RapShepard likes this.

Chrome is offline  
post #86 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:41 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18,204
Points: 54,886
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

$19.99 sounds perfect. Though it sucks they can't do the normal subscription service type model just yet. Hell even if they did something like buy a shirt or 2 get a promo code for a free or discounted PPV would be dope.
RapShepard is offline  
post #87 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 07:00 PM
None. More. Hated.
 
RainmakerV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4,052
Points: 12,545
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raye View Post


They've emphasized the fact that they want there to be a little bit of something for everyone, you're not guaranteed to enjoy every aspect of a PPV, or to enjoy the entire 2 hour show on TNT. Why? Because there's going to be a variety. Whether it's tag teams, bruisers, cruisers, comedy, womens, hardcore, etc. They're trying to let the show have a little bit of something for everybody, with the hopes that they'll enjoy other aspects of the show.

I'll continuously go on record to say that Jebailey/Nakazawa was one of my favourite things at Fyter Fest. There's few things my girlfriend dreadfully sits through with me for wrestling and the fact that we both got to enjoy that match together is what made it great for me. For her, comedy and hardcore are the things she will willingly watch without complaining. She doesn't give a shit about the main event scene or anything else.

Again, it's about there being a little bit of something for everyone. You don't have any right to determine what people are and are not allowed to enjoy.
Im not determining what anyone enjoys. Either you want AEW to be a huge success and a competitor to WWE in 10 years or you want them to go down in flames in 3, but hey, they had something for everybody wooooo right? They need to cut that shit out. I have zero problem with hardcore matches and I dont care if guys get juice on every show, but theres a line of stupidity when you're going to National weekly TV and they crossed it.
BigCy likes this.

RainmakerV2 is online now  
post #88 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 07:27 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,866
Points: 4,032
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

the ppv price isn't going to change anything, this is something meltzer and Alvarez discussed before even DON. people were screaming everywhere about the price and on the observer radio they went through all the statistics they had and the conclusion was just that the ppv price never and will never change anything. if aew put their ppv for 20$ they will do around the same numbers, there is simply only a very few margin of the team "if it was lower I would have brought it" but this portion is insignificant.
with those "outrageous" prices DON did 120k and Alll out is around 110k (even tho we aren't very sure since Fite tv denied some parts of the report by Dave about their numbers but still) even going by dave's numbers they did around the same and thats after losing arguably 1) the biggest fight of the card in term of hype and 2) the fight which was set up at the end of don in the post main event fight.
I know it can sound weird but thats how it is, aew can keep the same price but if they can manage to keep their ppv as special as they are now or even hell use tv to build more hype then it will be the same.
what they need to do is stick to the 4 ppv/year format and always deliver the big box office matches on ppv and not tv, or at least avoid it. and they will in fact have to create stars ( which is everything but an easy task). but lowering the price won't do shit for their numbers.
Fringe likes this.
patpat is offline  
post #89 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 08:38 PM
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
 
Reggie Dunlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: RI, USA
Posts: 4,325
Points: 14,454
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmakerV2 View Post
Im not determining what anyone enjoys. Either you want AEW to be a huge success and a competitor to WWE in 10 years or you want them to go down in flames in 3, but hey, they had something for everybody wooooo right? They need to cut that shit out. I have zero problem with hardcore matches and I dont care if guys get juice on every show, but theres a line of stupidity when you're going to National weekly TV and they crossed it.
Again, youíre asserting here that their only road to success is what you say it is. Hereís a little news flash ó it isnít. It isnít what I say it is or what anybody else in here says it is, either. Itís ultimately what Tony Kahn thinks it should be, and only time will tell if heís right or not. Only time will tell.

Just to reiterate what others have said already, if you donít like something, thatís fine, just say you donít like it. Nobody ever said that everybody has to love everything they do. But ffs you and every other armchair CEO need to get off this kick that AEW is doomed to fail just because they do stuff that you donít like.

If any part of what you said above were true, WWE would have been out of business 10 years ago.

Send lawyers, guns and money.

Reggie Dunlop is offline  
post #90 of 1539 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 01:45 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 844
Points: 2,819
                     
Re: AEW TV Ratings, PPV Buys & Ticket Sales Thread: LET'S GO CRAZY! LET'S GET NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmakerV2 View Post
Im not determining what anyone enjoys. Either you want AEW to be a huge success and a competitor to WWE in 10 years or you want them to go down in flames in 3, but hey, they had something for everybody wooooo right? They need to cut that shit out. I have zero problem with hardcore matches and I dont care if guys get juice on every show, but theres a line of stupidity when you're going to National weekly TV and they crossed it.
Nice monkey logic. Company doesn't do 100% of what I like so it's going to go down in flames.

<a href=http://imgbox.com/etAcrV6u target=_blank><a href=https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png target=_blank>https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/d8/4b/etAcrV6u_t.png</a></a>
Raye is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome