Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 61Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 03:44 PM
 
Cataclysm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 64
Points: 256
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOfAllMarks View Post
What are you talking about man... they not even dating. They go way back sure but that is just random. Has nothing to do with anything.
Obviously that much is baseless speculation. That being said my main point was that I wouldn't be shocked that Kenny would be playing favorites with his friends. I enjoy Riho regardless but yeah.
Cataclysm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 03:54 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4,450
Points: 13,566
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
Obviously that much is baseless speculation. That being said my main point was that I wouldn't be shocked that Kenny would be playing favorites with his friends. I enjoy Riho regardless but yeah.
Hey if he really wanted to play favorites, Shida would be the first champion because they were PRETTY close.
rbl85 is offline  
post #63 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 03:58 PM
 
Cataclysm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 64
Points: 256
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl85 View Post
Hey if he really wanted to play favorites, Shida would be the first champion because they were PRETTY close.
Fair enough
Cataclysm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:56 AM
 
looper007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,990
Points: 17,980
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

I always think the first women's champ should be someone who have a decent reign for a few months, have good to great matches, and make the title legit and something special.

Riho for me is a talent, but she's someone I don't think is a long term champ imo. She's a plucky underdog type, have two or three title matches and loses it . Nyla is nowhere ready for that spot yet, she's got potential for sure and once it clicks for her. She be a great heel champ in a year or two time. But right now she shouldn't be the first champ. I suppose Riho winning it wouldn't be awful but she wouldn't have been my first choice.

That's the problem with the women's division, some say they lack big stars which is true. But more so for me, they really lack top workers who can go out and have matches that will stand up or steal the show at PPV. It's still the division right now that weakens AEW, I think their main event and tag team divisions are great, their mid card is good but their women's division is really lacking.

looper007 is offline  
post #65 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
 
MarkOfAllMarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,711
Points: 6,034
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper007 View Post
I always think the first women's champ should be someone who have a decent reign for a few months, have good to great matches, and make the title legit and something special.

Riho for me is a talent, but she's someone I don't think is a long term champ imo. She's a plucky underdog type, have two or three title matches and loses it . Nyla is nowhere ready for that spot yet, she's got potential for sure and once it clicks for her. She be a great heel champ in a year or two time. But right now she shouldn't be the first champ. I suppose Riho winning it wouldn't be awful but she wouldn't have been my first choice.

That's the problem with the women's division, some say they lack big stars which is true. But more so for me, they really lack top workers who can go out and have matches that will stand up or steal the show at PPV. It's still the division right now that weakens AEW, I think their main event and tag team divisions are great, their mid card is good but their women's division is really lacking.
I would take Riho all day over Nyla Rose. Riho is a very very likeable underdog with a great natural ability in the ring not too mention her experience. I just feel like this is AEW pushing Nyla Rose so they can you know market her as an "empowering" first transgender champion blah blah. You can see it coming. I just like Riho a lot more then Nyla. I get Daniel Bryan underdog vibes from Riho. She could possibly be the Daniel Bryan of the womens division. I could see her get super over, it's just hard not to love her, look at her she's just a sweetheart, smiling to the ring always looks so happy. She genuinely loves wrestling and it shows through the screen. It's contagious.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Saved by Jesus

Last edited by MarkOfAllMarks; 09-10-2019 at 03:28 AM.
MarkOfAllMarks is offline  
post #66 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:30 AM
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
 
prosperwithdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Winterfell
Favourite(s): BECKY LYNCH, Black, Sonya, Punk, Almas, PAC, Joe
Posts: 5,525
Points: 17,305
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

Meh. Good to see she has a following but I'm not a fan personally. She's too tiny for my liking. I'd rather they push Ivalisse or Mercedes Martinez.




"THE MAN" Becky Lynch. The FIRST WWE Superstar to be on the cover of ESPN.
The FIRST woman to pin Ronda Rousey.
The FIRST Undisputed Women's Champion.
2019 Women's Royal Rumble Victor.
The Face of the Company. The Champ Champ.
The Greatest Female Wrestler Of All Time.
#BECKY2BELTS #BIGMATCHBECKY
prosperwithdeen is offline  
post #67 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
 
MarkOfAllMarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,711
Points: 6,034
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperwithdeen View Post
Meh. Good to see she has a following but I'm not a fan personally. She's too tiny for my liking. I'd rather they push Ivalisse or Mercedes Martinez.
That's kinda part of the appeal to see the smaller wrestler push through adversity. Hence an underdog. Also helps she is freaking adorable and good wrestler. Just makes me want to root for someone like that. Seems like a sweet person too.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Saved by Jesus
MarkOfAllMarks is offline  
post #68 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:44 AM
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
 
prosperwithdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Winterfell
Favourite(s): BECKY LYNCH, Black, Sonya, Punk, Almas, PAC, Joe
Posts: 5,525
Points: 17,305
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOfAllMarks View Post
That's kinda part of the appeal to see the smaller wrestler push through adversity. Hence an underdog. Also helps she is freaking adorable and good wrestler. Just makes me want to root for someone like that. Seems like a sweet person too.
I can definitely understand why you're a fan. She does seem like a sweet girl and everyone loves an underdog. Hopefully she does get to hold the women's gold at some point.
MarkOfAllMarks likes this.




"THE MAN" Becky Lynch. The FIRST WWE Superstar to be on the cover of ESPN.
The FIRST woman to pin Ronda Rousey.
The FIRST Undisputed Women's Champion.
2019 Women's Royal Rumble Victor.
The Face of the Company. The Champ Champ.
The Greatest Female Wrestler Of All Time.
#BECKY2BELTS #BIGMATCHBECKY
prosperwithdeen is offline  
post #69 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
 
MarkOfAllMarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,711
Points: 6,034
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperwithdeen View Post
I can definitely understand why you're a fan. She does seem like a sweet girl and everyone loves an underdog. Hopefully she does get to hold the women's gold at some point.
RiGOAT the GOAT of AEW lol

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Saved by Jesus
MarkOfAllMarks is offline  
post #70 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:49 AM
 
TripleG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,498
Points: 29,819
                     
Re: Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

My favorite is Britt Baker, but I think that's just because I like cute brunettes

WEEKDAY WARRIORS OF WRESTLING WEBSITE
=http://thebrainosaur.com

Follow Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pscrazyplace

CM PUNK RETURNS TO WWE
TripleG is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome