Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums
 34Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:23 PM
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 695
Points: 2,516
                     
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claro De Luna View Post
He said something to Kevin Owens on Twitter about sending him to be elite before they buy them out. Can someone please embed the tweet.

You can take this in a number of ways:

1. The WWE is working with AEW
2. The WWE do not see AEW as a threat otherwise they would not be acknowledging their existence

What do you guys think, is there something fishy going on?
They never saw TNA as a threat and never mentioned them.

WWE wasn't locking down everyone out of fear that they were going to TNA.

WWE wasn't putting on shows at the same time as TNA to try and hurt them.

Kings don't acknowledge peasants.
TommyWCECM likes this.
headstar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:13 PM
 
LifeInCattleClass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,958
Points: 2,908
                     
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

It’s a fake tweet

Been established on twitter

Retweets and likes being the same number is a dead giveaway
Mugging of Cena likes this.

My NEW FREE game Pop The Cork is now available on Android

It is the BETA version, so please let me know what you think! Thanks!!
LifeInCattleClass is offline  
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 199
Points: 873
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInCattleClass View Post
Itís a fake tweet

Been established on twitter

Retweets and likes being the same number is a dead giveaway
How can it be fake? Looks like a tweet from his own account not a fake one. Do you mean it was hacked?
Claro De Luna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:28 PM
 
the44boz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 717
Points: 2,626
                     
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

I wish Shane would take a shot from an actual gun.
the44boz is offline  
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:03 PM
 
ajmaf625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 581
Points: 1,352
                     
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

very easy to look up Shane's twitter and see that he never posted that tweet. Seems like everyone is making it WWE vs AEW when its not that at all
Mugging of Cena likes this.

WWE : Immortals presented by ajmaf625
https://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...immortals.html
ajmaf625 is offline  
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:05 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 852
Points: 2,236
                     
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

Even the money line is retarded. Shahid Khan has more money than Vince.
Randy Lahey is offline  
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:20 PM
Best Post Machine
 
Tilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 143
Points: 429
   
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

There's really no point hoping for no potshots between the camps. The whole point of AEW is the large fanbase sick of watching WWE.

It's inevitable. No point complaining about it.
Tilon is offline  
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:24 PM
Best Post Machine
 
Tilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 143
Points: 429
   
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Lahey View Post
Even the money line is retarded. Shahid Khan has more money than Vince.
When you have as much money as these guys, it's not so simple.

People this rich, most of their value is tied up in assets. Most of Vince's assets are in WWE, most of Shahid's assets are in other sports teams, etc.

Which means when it comes to wrestling, Vince is the rich guy and Shahid is the underdog. In order to bring forth the weight Vince can with assets he already owns, Shahid would have to burn liquidity, or sell off assets.

Vince is very much the big dog in this fight.
Tilon is offline  
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:29 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 852
Points: 2,236
                     
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilon View Post
When you have as much money as these guys, it's not so simple.

People this rich, most of their value is tied up in assets. Most of Vince's assets are in WWE, most of Shahid's assets are in other sports teams, etc.

Which means when it comes to wrestling, Vince is the rich guy and Shahid is the underdog. In order to bring forth the weight Vince can with assets he already owns, Shahid would have to burn liquidity, or sell off assets.

Vince is very much the big dog in this fight.
Khan has a much higher net worth, so he can borrow far more against his non-liquid assets. Most of Vince's worth is liquid in that it can be sold (shares of WWE), but that is also volatile as well. Not many lenders will let you borrow against shares of stock you own.

Khan, with an NFL team, soccer team, and Flex-n-gate, has far more financial resources to dispose of. I think he's trying to let his son build up his own thing though, but I doubt AEW feels any pressure trying to compete with WWE financially.
Randy Lahey is offline  
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Best Post Machine
 
Tilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 143
Points: 429
   
Re: Shane McMahon takes shot at AEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Lahey View Post
Khan has a much higher net worth, so he can borrow far more against his non-liquid assets. Most of Vince's worth is liquid in that it can be sold (shares of WWE), but that is also volatile as well. Not many lenders will let you borrow against shares of stock you own.

Khan, with an NFL team, soccer team, and Flex-n-gate, has far more financial resources to dispose of. I think he's trying to let his son build up his own thing though, but I doubt AEW feels any pressure trying to compete with WWE financially.
Thing with guys this rich, they don't blow money like that unless they really think it'll have a return. So the money Shahid is going to throw at AEW is limited to some extent.

Most of the weight Vince can throw, he already owns, he's already heavily invested in the business. So he simply has more options. Shahid has to take more risk.

But I agree AEW is in a good position. Vince might have a leverage in terms of assets but he's pissed off too many fans. AEW has a large core fanbase.
TommyWCECM and promoter2003 like this.
Tilon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome