AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 34Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run and don't look back.
 
AverageJoe9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 193
Points: 626
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nWo4Lyfe420 View Post
That's delusional.

If Corbin was in AEW right now people like you would be drooling over him. Corbin shows more personality with a smirk than Spears has shown doing anything in his entire career.
Oh bullshit, Corbin who cuts the blandest promos in the world, has no physique whatsoever, meh at best worker.

Spears actually had a over gimmick in NXT and in the Main Roster before Vince killed it because he did not want him to be over
LongPig666 and Bosnian21 like this.
AverageJoe9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 PM
The Doomslayer
 
kingnoth1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,766
Points: 9,277
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by nWo4Lyfe420 View Post
That's delusional.

If Corbin was in AEW right now people like you would be drooling over him. Corbin shows more personality with a smirk than Spears has shown doing anything in his entire career.
I mean this is 100% right, people on here thought that Nakazawa rubbing oil all over himself and using blow up hammers was "good comedy," but if the same act was in WWE it would be deemed as the worst thing of all time and would be saying Vince should drop dead, so theres a huge double standard there.

Corbin is a boss, confident on the mic, and in his mannerism and has gotten progressively better since hitting main roster in all facets...along with one the best finisher in the business currently. Tye dillinger has done nothing significant except 2 Rumble entries and a few good matches at Full Sail.
nWo4Lyfe420 likes this.

kingnoth1n is online now  
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:20 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 16,797
Points: 50,610
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe9 View Post
Oh bullshit, Corbin who cuts the blandest promos in the world, has no physique whatsoever, meh at best worker.



Spears actually had a over gimmick in NXT and in the Main Roster before Vince killed it because he did not want him to be over
If we're talking being over in NXT can't ignore that Corbin squashing folk was over. Corbin also gets proper and consistent heel heat. Spears is 38 been wrestling over a decade and his greatest thing is going "10". Even if you really dislike Corbin it's silly to act like Spears is some exceptional talent. There's a reason nobody talks abkut great Tye Dillinger moments
nWo4Lyfe420 and kingnoth1n like this.
RapShepard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:30 PM
The Doomslayer
 
kingnoth1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,766
Points: 9,277
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
If we're talking being over in NXT can't ignore that Corbin squashing folk was over. Corbin also gets proper and consistent heel heat. Spears is 38 been wrestling over a decade and his greatest thing is going "10". Even if you really dislike Corbin it's silly to act like Spears is some exceptional talent. There's a reason nobody talks abkut great Tye Dillinger moments
Good shit here bro, yeah. Those NXT runs are pretty nullified because the geeks over there will literally cheer for anything. Corbin was over pretty big in NXT, my best friend ranted and raved about him (He proved to be right about what he was saying though). I get tired of people using the "Vince" trope as well. Its just a convenience people use anytime it doesn't drive their narrative. The real sheet music here is "Not everyone can be over."

kingnoth1n is online now  
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:39 PM
 
Beatles123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,775
Points: 23,030
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnoth1n View Post
Good shit here bro, yeah. Those NXT runs are pretty nullified because the geeks over there will literally cheer for anything. Corbin was over pretty big in NXT, my best friend ranted and raved about him (He proved to be right about what he was saying though). I get tired of people using the "Vince" trope as well. Its just a convenience people use anytime it doesn't drive their narrative. The real sheet music here is "Not everyone can be over."
....fucking hell x.x, Please stop calling your fellow members geeks. It's not making your argument any more or less effective. It doesn't help you get around using any un-allowed verbiage either. We all know what you want to say.

As for the post....Corbin never wow'ed me on the main roster.



John Winston Ono-Lennon

1940-1980

RIP.


Listen to me cut promos and other stuff!:

https://soundcloud.com/matt-edwards-999834004
Beatles123 is offline  
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:51 PM
The Doomslayer
 
kingnoth1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,766
Points: 9,277
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles123 View Post
....fucking hell x.x, Please stop calling your fellow members geeks. It's not making your argument any more or less effective. It doesn't help you get around using any un-allowed verbiage either. We all know what you want to say.

As for the post....Corbin never wow'ed me on the main roster.
Talking about the people at full sail, which it's true they cheer for literally anything (See Blue Pants). Super Smarks a better term? They are that too.


Last edited by kingnoth1n; 07-09-2019 at 11:52 PM.
kingnoth1n is online now  
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 06:39 AM
luv(sic)
 
ReekOfAwesomenesss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: V
Favourite(s): Kelly Klein, Taya, Shida, Tessa, Io, Sane, Shani
Posts: 3,214
Points: 11,518
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by nWo4Lyfe420 View Post
That's delusional.

If Corbin was in AEW right now people like you would be drooling over him. Corbin shows more personality with a smirk than Spears has shown doing anything in his entire career.
That's delusional.

Promo time every single week for over a year yet not a single memorable promo from the guy. mediocre.

Cody Rhodes > the world



Spoiler for favourites:
Active: Austin Aries, Tetsuya Naito (L.I.J.), AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Kevin Steen, Minoru Suzuki, Andrade Cien Almas, PAC, Roderick Strong, Hiroshi Tanahashi, EC3, Kota Ibushi, Aleister Black

Inactive: CM Punk, Christian, Kurt Angle, Nigel McGuinness, Genichiro Tenryu, Kenta Kobashi, Harley Race, Katsuyori Shibata, Stan Hansen, Vader, Jumbo Tsurata, Sting, Riki Choshu, Edge, Hayabusa, Randy Savage, Shinya Hashimoto, Hayabusa, Mick Foley, ''Dr. Death'' Steve Williams, Magnum TA, Rick Rude, Davey Richards

Tag Teams/Stables: Los Ingobernables, Miracle Violence Connection, Suzuki-Gun, Motor City Machine Guns, Bullet Club, Straight Edge Society, Edge & Christian, Dirty Heels, American Wolves
ReekOfAwesomenesss is offline  
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:01 AM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 16,797
Points: 50,610
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReekOfAwesomenesss View Post
That's delusional.



Promo time every single week for over a year yet not a single memorable promo from the guy. mediocre.
Let's say Corbin is bad, what has Spears shown in his 15+ career to suggest he's better?
RapShepard is offline  
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:14 AM
luv(sic)
 
ReekOfAwesomenesss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: V
Favourite(s): Kelly Klein, Taya, Shida, Tessa, Io, Sane, Shani
Posts: 3,214
Points: 11,518
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
Let's say Corbin is bad, what has Spears shown in his 15+ career to suggest he's better?
He has shown that he is a better worker (not a highflyer so no 'flippy' argument). He has shown that he can get over even without the backing of the machine. So he has the charisma. He has a better look. Corbin can be taller but the dude is not in a better shape.

I have never said Corbin is bad but to think that he is some wrestler with great personality is false. He had a perfect chance to get better as a character worker having the biggest spotlight for the longest time but still, he is nothing special. He is still not comfortable while speaking so he isn't even much if any better than Spears at that front either.
RapShepard likes this.

Cody Rhodes > the world



Spoiler for favourites:
Active: Austin Aries, Tetsuya Naito (L.I.J.), AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Kevin Steen, Minoru Suzuki, Andrade Cien Almas, PAC, Roderick Strong, Hiroshi Tanahashi, EC3, Kota Ibushi, Aleister Black

Inactive: CM Punk, Christian, Kurt Angle, Nigel McGuinness, Genichiro Tenryu, Kenta Kobashi, Harley Race, Katsuyori Shibata, Stan Hansen, Vader, Jumbo Tsurata, Sting, Riki Choshu, Edge, Hayabusa, Randy Savage, Shinya Hashimoto, Hayabusa, Mick Foley, ''Dr. Death'' Steve Williams, Magnum TA, Rick Rude, Davey Richards

Tag Teams/Stables: Los Ingobernables, Miracle Violence Connection, Suzuki-Gun, Motor City Machine Guns, Bullet Club, Straight Edge Society, Edge & Christian, Dirty Heels, American Wolves

Last edited by ReekOfAwesomenesss; 07-10-2019 at 07:17 AM.
ReekOfAwesomenesss is offline  
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:16 AM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 16,797
Points: 50,610
                     
Re: AEW Pulling Shawn Spears From Indy Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReekOfAwesomenesss View Post
He has shown that he is a better worker (not a highflyer so no 'flippy' argument). He has shown that he can get over even without the backing of the machine. So he has the charisma. He has a better look. Corbin can be taller but the dude is not in a better shape.



I have never said Corbin is bad but to think that he is some wrestler with great personality is false. He had a perfect chance to get better as a character worker having the biggest spotlight for the longest time but still, he is nothing special. He is still not comfortable while speaking so he isn't even much if any better than Spears at that front either.


So what are some standout Spears matches to you? I can't point to anything match wise that competes with Corbin's Kalisto chairs match.

I don't know if getting 10 over is some indication he has more charisma. Because on that same token you could say Corbin got squash matches over in NXT he had folk counting how fast he was going to kill folk.

As far as character work Corbin has been consistently over as a heel, despite the fact he rarely ever backs up any of his talk. I'd tribute that to the fact that he actually plays the role of the big ego prick well.

I don't think Spears is trash, but I do think he's a low card guy. While I think Corbin is criminally underrated. I think he's essentially the new Miz a guy who won't get credit until the latter part of his career.
RapShepard is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome