AEW Discussion Thread - Page 49 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 429Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #481 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
 
Death Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,087
Points: 20,671
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mox Girl View Post
Seeing those prices really makes me hope that AEW can tour internationally in the future!! They'd be super affordable.
They are going to the UK for sure think Cody confirmed. I think it would be smart to do some shows in other places like Australia or New Zealand etc



IT FUCKING HAPPENED


Death Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #482 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:20 AM
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
 
Miss Sally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 13,349
Points: 36,064
                     
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

Europe is starved for Wrestling, WWE wastes time on markets they will get no money from while markets like the UK and Europe go without what they want.

If AEW can fill that void, that's a lot of money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mox Girl View Post
Seeing those prices really makes me hope that AEW can tour internationally in the future!! They'd be super affordable.
It's a reasonable price and people won't feel ripped off. Getting tickets will be hard but at least you won't break the bank to get some!


Last edited by Miss Sally; 06-12-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Miss Sally is offline  
post #483 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:32 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 271
Points: 294
                     
In the last "Road to Fyter" video. We saw a new behind the scenes guy. Nik S obic was introduced as AEW's VP, Business Operations.

A simple Google search will give you his LinkedIn profile and some articles about what he does for the Jaguars. He went to Harvard and has a Business/sports background.

He looks to be a top Jacksonville Jaguars corporate guy. Looks like he might be handling Day to Day Business side operations with Chris Harrington
(VP Business Strategy), Tony, and all the other EVPs.
patpat likes this.

Last edited by SparrowPrime; 06-12-2019 at 12:40 PM.
SparrowPrime is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #484 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:44 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1,787
Points: 2,875
                     
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

Cody also confirm they got tye Dillinger "for the young guys" and addressed him being potentially a coach ( I guess later). cool I think this kind of role fits him.
patpat is online now  
post #485 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:06 PM
MJF
Salt of the Earth
 
MJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 15,818
Points: 46,002
                     
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by patpat View Post
Cody also confirm they got tye Dillinger "for the young guys" and addressed him being potentially a coach ( I guess later). cool I think this kind of role fits him.
Looked like a back handed compliment to me which I think will lead to a feud between Cody and Spears, perhaps heading into All Out.
MJF is offline  
post #486 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
Points: 42
 
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
Looked like a back handed compliment to me which I think will lead to a feud between Cody and Spears, perhaps heading into All Out.
makes him sound like Tyler Breeze who is great in the ring and is looked at as a future trainer.
TOPDAWG21 is offline  
post #487 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:47 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1,787
Points: 2,875
                     
Are they going to go into all out ticket release with only one match announced so far?...
I dont know I would have at least announced or worked towards the Moxley vs omega ( or maybe they want to build it later? Idk
But I think it's a risk to go with only one match and they haven't done much promotion so far. No press conference, nothing just spamming it on Twitter. It sounds like a very risky move to me....idk
Like in their past big event before the ticket they would do a lot to promote. That's maybe why the instant sell out happened?
Here meltzer said they expect an instant sell out but For me at leadt, the elements for such a fit arent there yet. I always think it's a bad move to release ticket without announcing at least the big fight of the card.
Maybe they will do it later, or maybe it will sell out anyway?
I dont know I find the promotion before the all out ticket release very very minimalistic, same level as fyter fest and fight for the fallen. When it's absolutely not the same animal.
But we will see.
patpat is online now  
post #488 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:52 PM
MJF
Salt of the Earth
 
MJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 15,818
Points: 46,002
                     
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by patpat View Post
Are they going to go into all out ticket release with only one match announced so far?...
I dont know I would have at least announced or worked towards the Moxley vs omega ( or maybe they want to build it later? Idk
But I think it's a risk to go with only one match and they haven't done much promotion so far. No press conference, nothing just spamming it on Twitter. It sounds like a very risky move to me....idk
Like in their past big event before the ticket they would do a lot to promote. That's maybe why the instant sell out happened?
Here meltzer said they expect an instant sell out but For me at leadt, the elements for such a fit arent there yet. I always think it's a bad move to release ticket without announcing at least the big fight of the card.
Maybe they will do it later, or maybe it will sell out anyway?
I dont know I find the promotion before the all out ticket release very very minimalistic, same level as fyter fest and fight for the fallen. When it's absolutely not the same animal.
But we will see.
They have two other events to build towards.

We don't even know if Moxley/Omega is a thing outside of fan speculation. It could have just been a way for Moxley to make an impact by taking over the show at the end and taking out two of their top main eventers.

The reason Double or Nothing was heavily promoted and sold out instantly with matches on the card was because it was their first big event and they had nothing else to build towards.

All Out will sell out. It'll have great matches on the card and it'll probably top Double or Nothing when it comes to matches and story.
MJF is offline  
post #489 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Unscripted Mox Violence.
 
Mox Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Zealand
Favourite(s): Jon Moxley, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns
Posts: 21,095
Points: 78,346
                     
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Rider View Post
They are going to the UK for sure think Cody confirmed. I think it would be smart to do some shows in other places like Australia or New Zealand etc
Yup, especially NZ, as WWE tends to pass us over and skip us a lot, so AEW could slide on in there and get the fans going to their shows.

Met Dean/Mox on March 28 2015/April 2 2016/August 20 2016/April 1 2017/April 7 2019!!
Met Roman on April 2 2016/April 7 2018!! Met Seth on March 31 2017/April 6 2019!!

MOX IS THE CHAMP.
Mox Girl is online now  
post #490 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:58 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1,787
Points: 2,875
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by patpat View Post
Are they going to go into all out ticket release with only one match announced so far?...
I dont know I would have at least announced or worked towards the Moxley vs omega ( or maybe they want to build it later? Idk
But I think it's a risk to go with only one match and they haven't done much promotion so far. No press conference, nothing just spamming it on Twitter. It sounds like a very risky move to me....idk
Like in their past big event before the ticket they would do a lot to promote. That's maybe why the instant sell out happened?
Here meltzer said they expect an instant sell out but For me at leadt, the elements for such a fit arent there yet. I always think it's a bad move to release ticket without announcing at least the big fight of the card.
Maybe they will do it later, or maybe it will sell out anyway?
I dont know I find the promotion before the all out ticket release very very minimalistic, same level as fyter fest and fight for the fallen. When it's absolutely not the same animal.
But we will see.
They have two other events to build towards.

We don't even know if Moxley/Omega is a thing outside of fan speculation. It could have just been a way for Moxley to make an impact by taking over the show at the end and taking out two of their top main eventers.

The reason Double or Nothing was heavily promoted and sold out instantly with matches on the card was because it was their first big event and they had nothing else to build towards.

All Out will sell out. It'll have great matches on the card and it'll probably top Double or Nothing when it comes to matches and story.
I think omega said he will fight against Moxley at all out in an interview. Dont know if its confirmed tho , it was just an alicia atout interview.
Yep I know it will sell out, I was talking about the automatic sell out ( which I badly want to happen because it would be awesome for them!)
And yeah of course they have other events to build towards so it reduces the promotion for something.like all out. Its logical, I see lol
patpat is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome