All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 4510Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:50 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,255
Points: 4,920
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshield View Post
Itís happening
deathvalleydriver2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
 
Taroostyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stuck On This Prison Planet
Posts: 14,443
Points: 7,589
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

The name Elite Championship Wrestling sounds great but of course they can't use the acronym ECW.
Taroostyles is offline  
post #93 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:54 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 16,226
Points: 48,879
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
As far as guys jumping ship from WWE, I don't know if really about getting a "main event spot." It's more to me being fulfilled creatively. Look at Finn Balor. Finn Balor is a guy who hardly ever has an actual storyline dedicated to him. He's used mostly as a guy who can make other guys like McIntyre, Lashley, Corbin, etc. look good.

And it's not that he always loses. He's about 50/50 most of the time. It's that most of the matches he's in don't really matter, because there isn't a lot going for them storyline wise.

So if he cares about that and he got a sweet deal from this potential new company, I could see him wanting to leave. Same thing with guys like Gallows & Anderson who are doing absolutely nothing.

Ziggler's a guy I don't agree about honestly. #1, if he wanted to leave WWE, he would have done so years ago. And #2, while Dolph has been underutilized in the past, this year he's been at Tag Champion, IC Champion, been apart of main event angles. I don't see him leaving after all that.

I still find it hard to believe the reports that 2 talents have already agreed to deals in principle because we don't even know if this thing is going to get off the ground. Even if they are creatively suppressed, it's still a job. And I don't see anyone leaving guaranteed money until they know this thing is off the ground.

But if it does, then yes I could see people leaving if they can get somewhat comparable money.
Me personally I just can't really buy into when wrestlers say "it's not about booking, it's about being able to be free artistically". Because really most of the guys who tote that also happen to be top of the cards they're on. Wrestling for the artistic expression sounds like stuff you say when you're a top guy getting top guy money lol. I don't think Omega and The Bucks would be all on the "I just care apart freedom of expression" if they were low carders barely getting a shot.
RapShepard is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 02:55 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,140
Points: 6,530
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

Yeah, one goes with another. If you are not top guy then actual top guy is going to do his stuff and ignore all your "artistic expressions".
volde is offline  
post #95 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 05:31 PM
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 19,235
Points: 59,675
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
Me personally I just can't really buy into when wrestlers say "it's not about booking, it's about being able to be free artistically". Because really most of the guys who tote that also happen to be top of the cards they're on. Wrestling for the artistic expression sounds like stuff you say when you're a top guy getting top guy money lol. I don't think Omega and The Bucks would be all on the "I just care apart freedom of expression" if they were low carders barely getting a shot.
Well if you're referring to The Elite, then yes you have a point. But I watch other promotions whether it be NJPW or somewhere else and I see a lot of guys who while they're not necessarily the top of the food chain, they still have a story around them and room to grow.

Is it all perfect? Of course not, I'm not trying to paint that picture. But I still think that most guys in wrestling want to make the money and be satisfied creatively.

If you can get both in WWE, good on ya. But if this thing gets off the ground, I think there could be a few people who would take less money to go somewhere, no matter their spot on the card, and feel like a big part of the show if it meant more creative freedom and maybe less dates. Again, IF this thing gets off the ground.



DEATH RIDER
TD Stinger is offline  
post #96 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 07:32 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 16,226
Points: 48,879
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
Well if you're referring to The Elite, then yes you have a point. But I watch other promotions whether it be NJPW or somewhere else and I see a lot of guys who while they're not necessarily the top of the food chain, they still have a story around them and room to grow.

Is it all perfect? Of course not, I'm not trying to paint that picture. But I still think that most guys in wrestling want to make the money and be satisfied creatively.

If you can get both in WWE, good on ya. But if this thing gets off the ground, I think there could be a few people who would take less money to go somewhere, no matter their spot on the card, and feel like a big part of the show if it meant more creative freedom and maybe less dates. Again, IF this thing gets off the ground.
My bad I didn't explain well. I didn't mean to paint it as if only the Elite guys will get stories and good spots. I more so meant to point out that regardless of promotion there's only so many spots and stories to go around for any given level of talent. That eventually no matter what somebody is always going to be the odd man out when it comes to getting a push, a story, a spot at the next big show, you know what I mean.

But on the folk doing it just to exercise their creative muscles, idk I'd have to see some low card guys start doing that before I believe it lol
RapShepard is online now  
post #97 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 06:40 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,707
Points: 10,728
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
My bad I didn't explain well. I didn't mean to paint it as if only the Elite guys will get stories and good spots. I more so meant to point out that regardless of promotion there's only so many spots and stories to go around for any given level of talent. That eventually no matter what somebody is always going to be the odd man out when it comes to getting a push, a story, a spot at the next big show, you know what I mean.

But on the folk doing it just to exercise their creative muscles, idk I'd have to see some low card guys start doing that before I believe it lol
I think the thing is that WWE isn't really pro-wrestling anymore. And I'm not sure all these Elite guys really get the true core of what pro-wrestling used to be either, but at least they get to make their own decisions. When you are employed by WWE, if they send you out there in a full body suit and tell you to act like a weirdo, you've got to do it. What chance does an Apollo Crews have of getting over if he is told to sell a beat-down with a chair by coming out smiling? I don't know if it's so much about getting main spots or big storylines built around them as it is that freedom to be able to talk, walk, look and wrestle the way you want. You might still only get 6 minutes, but in those 6 minutes you might be able to capture hearts and minds a lot more effectively than if you were plugged into a spot and told to do something a certain way with no endgame in sight.
The Wood is offline  
post #98 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 08:45 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 663
Points: 1,367
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

There has been so much hype about what the Bucks and Cody are going to do that I can't imagine anyone will still care by the time they actually do something.
hgr423 is offline  
post #99 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 11:56 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,707
Points: 10,728
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

I'm hungry for any sort of viable alternative. I'll still be hungry in a month.
The Wood is offline  
post #100 of 8705 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:28 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 224
Points: 380
                     
Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

Hopefully they get a good booker for this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chairshot620 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome