Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Could any one star make TNA more popular than WWE?

View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
dave 1981
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over

Re: Could any one star make TNA more popular than WWE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFC View Post
Samoa Joe really?

Cena and Taker would boost their ratings but i doubt they would make it more popular. Look at their roster already Sting, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Mr Anderson, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair they have the big names but i think their problem is people just don't want to watch their shows, they could have Barack Obama vs Eminem in a street fight and they would stil get a 0.9
I'm not going to argue in the fact that it would be near impossible for one man to turn the tide in regards to TNA overtaking WWE but Samoa Joe in between 2006 and 2007 was the hottest star in the entire wrestling world and in my opinion hotter than John Cena in between 2003 and 2005 or Randy Orton in between 2008 and 2009 but as always TNA just can't get their booking right and it cost them for my mind because Samoa Joe has never hit those heights since and most likely won't ever either.

The way that Samoa Joe was booked in between Sting joining TNA on January 1st 2006 and the Kurt Angle feud at the start of 2007 was epic but they kept the title on Jeff Jarrett because they believed that Stong/Jarrett was the major draw for the company which on paper it was but Samoa Joe should have been given that spot and TNA should have booked Sting/Christian at Bound for Glory instead. I think that Samoa Joe winning the NWA World title at Bound for Glory 2006 would have been TNA's version of Stone Cold Steve Austin winning the WWF title at WrestleMania although i'm not saying it would have had the same impact on the wrestling world.

Although the matches between them were by far and away the best thing in the company that year i fully believe that TNA blew their load so so early in Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle and given a proper build from Bound for Glory 2006 through to the same PPV a year later would have had such an impact on their future. At that time it was the one and only real dream feud left that could happen and TNA had a golden opportunity to have it on the biggest stage of all for them and given a year build which would have had all the fan's drooling over it, at the same time they would have created the next wrestling mega star in Samoa Joe who may have gone on to be a major draw and the face of TNA but they fucked it up.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome