Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Goatlord
Regularly Beating Up James Ellsworth

Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCroft View Post
But you ere the exception rather than the rule. Did you hear how much he was cheered when he was trying his hardest to be booed?

WWE, when trying to create a heel in Orton actually created an anti-heel.
I didn't say that I wasn't, it really helped that the dumbest guy I know in RL has literally the same face as Orton so he really didn't have to try hard to make me hate him. Ironically, Cena has almost the same face as my best friend so I never jumped into the Cena hate bandwagon

Apart from looks though, I found the way he wrestled quite "terrible" and I just loved seeing him jobbed out. When he turned face though I instantly started liking him somewhat so in my opinion, at least for me he is a very good worker. But as you said, I'm quite an exception to the rule, but only a few wrestlers, regardless of wrestling or mic talent can make me hate them as heels and like them as faces so obviously he has some special talent for that.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome