Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Most emotional feud?
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Forever Unchained
Wheelman for James Ellsworth

Re: Most emotional feud?

Good shout with Cactus Jack vs ECW in 1995/1996. His anti-hardcore promos were just sublime!

Some that haven't been mentioned would be maybe HBK/Sid in late 1996, early 1997. At the time I couldn't see past the kayfabe but the inclusion of Jose added an extra bit of ... erm, something. Also, the begining of the Attitude era along with Bret/Austin.

Edge vs Matt Hardy in 2005 is certainly worth mentioning for obvious reasons.
Austin/Rock's 2003 'Mania match was very emotional but can't remember the feuds and promos.
Bret Hart vs Jerry "The King" Lawler got a bit emotional I thought when Bret's family was dragged into it.
I'd second Bret/Shawn in 2007 purely for the realism.
Bret Hart/Vince McMahon - nearly 10 years of animosity!
Vince/Hulk Hogan in 2003 - I could never tell if this was purely kayfabe or if there was a genuine disliking there.
Ric Flaire/Steamboat - each men was the other's antithesis with Flair the playboy and Ricky the family man.
Kurt angle vs Steve Austin I thought was elevated to a new level with that SummerSlam 2001 match.
Undertaker/McMahon in '03 is worth a mention as Vince threatened to have Taker's wife raped - awful angle and storyline and everything. Carbon copy of every other McMahon vs wrestler fued.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome