Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What makes you watch WWE every week?
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Rated R Superstar
#RiseAbove

Location: Face down on the mat, 1 Spear away from a 3-Count. Miami, Florida

Re: What makes you watch WWE every week?

Theres just so much to why we all started watching there's not enough space to explain but I'll give short and simple...

I watch RAW weekly or Smackdown depending on where The Rated R Superstar Edge is.
The past couple years he's made WWE for me. When he was injured/out I sometimes just wouldnt watch

For RAW its also Jericho, Randy Orton, Maryse and the sheer amount of long-term potential in the RAW roster keeps me there
Smackdown has been painful lately but CM Punk is my 2nd favorite dude and the SES along with his promos are diamonds.
Love McIntyre as well. I hate that is seems Christian and Matt Hardy are being completely wasted by default

One last thing about 'growing out of it'...
I think this started as the 'cool' thing to do because the assumption as kids/early teens was that everything was "real".
Where people got caught up is being let down when they found out how kayfabe it really was. I believe that the true intention of the WWE is/was for you to understand that it was scripted and all as you grew old enough to understand and THEN continue to enjoy it as entertainment at a different level.

The WWE is one form of this ultimate entertainment that blurrs the line between being a realist and a fan. So much that if even you KNOW whats going to or should happen, you can understandably mark for your favorite performer harder than any 10 yr old member of the CeNation and NOT feel bad/guilty or whatever. Thats why I love it.

Thank You Edge
#ZigglersBetter
#BelieveInTheShield
2 :fandango
Ziggler > Daniel Bryan > Rollins > Cesaro > Fandango

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome