Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tag teams that never reached their potential

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 11:19 PM
TripleG

Re: Tag teams that never reached their potential

Oh where do I begin:

The Killer Bees = These two had all the ability of teams like The Harts, Strike Force, & The Bulldogs, but they never got treated like it.

The Rockers = Only reason they are on here is because they never won the tag titles.

Power & Glory = Great mixed up team with Herc as the power man and Roma as the more athletic guy. Their finisher The Powerplex (Super Plex from Herc + Top Rope Splash from Roma) was very cool too. But WWE never really pushed them, which apparently had something to do with Roma's attitude.

The Smackdown Six = Rey/Edge, Angle/Benoit, & The Guerreros were lighting up the SD scene for a couple months in 2002. While the matches were great, it was clear there was no long term plan for the teams as they pretty much used it as a way to shape singles feuds on SD's main event level just a few months later (namely Angle vs. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named). I guess its understandable, but part of me wishes they kept this going a bit longer.

World's Greatest Tag Team = They split them up to push Shelton which was a mistake. Neither Haas nor Shelton was ready for a singles pus, but as a team they were gold. I should have been seeing MNM vs. WGTT matches. Speaking of which...

MNM = They only lasted a year and a few matches with The Hardys after that. They had almost nobody to work with which is a damn shame because they had everything.

Cade & Murdoch = This wonderfully old school team impressed me for their multiple runs, but again, despite a few tag title reigns, they never really got pushed hard as an important part of the show. They even broke them up once without telling anyone about it, which only made their rushed reunion even more silly.

Priceless = DiBiase & Rhodes are impressive young guys. Too bad they were largely relegated to mostly losing handicap matches & getting trounced by DX. When Evolution was over, Orton & Batista were ready to move to the next level. When Legacy was over, DiBiase & Rhodes had nowhere to go & were still low level.

WEEKDAY WARRIORS OF WRESTLING WEBSITE
=http://thebrainosaur.com

Follow Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pscrazyplace

SUMMERSLAM 2019, TAKEOVER TORONTO, AND ROH SUMMER SUPERCARD REVIEWS

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome