Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What WWE Needs To Do To Recreate Their Women's Division
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
crisby_pancakes
kazooing my way to awesomeness

Re: What WWE Needs To Do To Recreate Their Women's Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo1986 View Post
Nattie and Serena and ppl who are managers and whatnot are managing for a reason. They have to build them up somehow! The biggest proof? Gail Kim. She needs a compelling character development OR a storyline to be involved in. The reason Sable became so huge was because she rebelled against Marc. Lita was with team extreme then we loved her. Trish was in a bunch of storylines that gave us a chance to get to know her (and her body heh).

That is my thought...
This is spot on. Either getting abused by the wrestler they're managing or by being heel and getting wins for the wrestler they manage is usually the best way for the females to garner any reaction from the fans and for whatever reason, they've just not been doing it recently. The ones they are doing it for are stuck with lower/mid card guys still trying to make a name.

They also need to start hiring girls that can, I don't know, wrestle!

Also, Lita was actually getting a reaction as soon as she joined with Rios way before she joined the hardyz, the crowd loved the fact that she could mimic his moves when the ref wasn't looking.

Patiently waiting for Christian to become WHC

Last edited by crisby_pancakes; 07-28-2010 at 09:05 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome