Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE PPV NAMES

Thread: WWE PPV NAMES
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 08:38 AM
The old nosy
Learning to break kayfabe

Re: WWE PPV NAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo_Rising View Post
I despise these gimmick pay-per-view names.

It's totally ruined anything cool about any of the matches they have, I mean not so long ago TLC and Hell in a Cell matches were only used for the most intense of feuds, and now, theyre throwing the gimmicks around for any old story. Tables had absolutely no relevance to the Sheamus/Cena feud, but they put them in a table match to fill a spot on the card.

I miss the old days (and no, im not talking attitude era. More like 2003-ish.)
Can't agree more with you.

I don't know about you, but about 2 or 3 years ago I received a form from the WWE in my inbox (I really don't know how they got my e-mail) in which they asked questions about our opinion of the PPVs, and one of the questions was: "Do you prefer gimmick PPVs rather than classic PPVs?" I had just watched eXtreme Rules, which happened to be one of the best PPV's I had seen and foolishly I answered "yes". If I did, I think most people (specially those who don't know about wrestling) answered the same, and maybe that's one major factor that helped them end with the old PPVs' format. But then again, this was 2 or 3 years ago, so maybe it had nothing to do with it...

Smackdown vs Raw games OST: https://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-mi...ml#post5324387

My psn is not working

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome