Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What is the best match of all-time?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 PM
joshman82
Heel Turn on James Ellsworth

Re: What is the best match of all-time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
That's a very broad question. There are so many factors to consider, and each factor gives a different match different importance.

If you're talking about a technical masterpiece, then I'd say HBK/Jericho from WrestleMania 19.

If you're talking about atmosphere, then I'd say Rock/Hogan from WrestleMania 18.

If you're talking about importance, I'd say Hogan/Sting from Starrcade '97.

If you just want to know which wrestling match I actually enjoyed watching the most, I'd say Austin/Love from Over the Edge '98.
i like how you broke it down because there are different types of matches, all of them can be great in their own way.

Technically: i'm gonna go hbk-bret WM XII.
Atmosphere: I'll say hogan-warrior. hogan-andre is a VERY CLOSE 2nd.
Importance: i'm going opposite of the atmosphere. hogan-andre put wrestling on the map. hogan-warrior was just amazing. baby face v. baby face...never or rarely done before. the two top guys. the changing of the guard. 2 larger than life characters. you watch it now, you can still "feel the electricity in the air"...damn i miss gorilla!
Enjoyed the most: bret-owen at wm X.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome