Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rewatching AE RAW for first time since I was a kid

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
ForgotPassword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgene15 View Post
I can’t argue with you
It's hard too! I don't understand why people think he's a bad writer. McMahon wouldn't have paid him to be head writer for 3 years and they wouldn't have succeeded so well if he wasn't.

And before people come back with The Rock, Stone cold etc being the reason it was great. Yes that's true, they were amazing performer's. But the reason Game of Thrones is so great isnt just because the actors were excellent, the writing had to be compelling enough for the actors to hook you. Same with a wrestling TV show.

WWE really needs someone from outside the bubble like Russo was to reinvent them. As much as I enjoy his work, it's not like Russo is a writing genius or anything, so Im not sure why none of their 40 writers cant do things like hooks and characters. There must be someone out there that will write this TV show like a TV show and not a wrestling show.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome