Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg: I donít care about NXTÖuntil they move over here then I donít need to talk about them

View Single Post
post #69 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:27 AM
attituderocks

Re: Goldberg: I donít care about NXTÖuntil they move over here then I donít need to talk about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva MaRIHyse View Post
Because people act like workrate, spots, five star matches are all that matters. The biggest Wrestlers of all time tended to succeed with less. Its proof that you don't have to be some workrate God to be a good Pro Wrestler. Goldberg was hugely successful and entertaining with his 3 moves.

Every fan doesn't matter, the majority tuned in and enjoyed Goldberg, while the majority have tuned out, uninterested in the spot monkeys.
If drawing doesn't matter, then why does fan reactions matter? They both implicate how much fans are invested in the wrestler. So why do wrestling fans care who gets the biggest pops (e.g. Seth is over, Bray is over, Becky is over) but drawing ability is considered shallow and stupid. If Goldberg is the bigger draw, more than anyone on the current roster, it means that fans were more invested in Goldberg than they are with anyone else.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome