Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?
View Single Post
post #86 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:14 AM
AlternateDemise
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,843
Points: 0
                     
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
Literally, everybody did.
No, they didn't. Don't reply to me if you're just going to reply with bullshit statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
Well.. not everybody... everybody but me :P. Nobody was running around complaining how 'fake' his selling of the knee was.
And this is just further proof that you're lying. That was one of the biggest complaints about his match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
And you can keep trying to equate Rollins not selling to the inability to be able to sell just kind of invalidates you.
It doesn't invalidate me at all. He's demonstrated multiple times now that he's not capable of doing it, even in situations where he doesn't have a pre match stipulated injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
Even the core concept of this thread.. that Rollins 'sucks in the ring' is hilarious. Now, granted he narrowed his moveset and workrate after the injury(and i'm quite sure at the promotion's behest), but simply saying that means someone is completely ignorant of Rollins's run since he broke The Shield. The motherfucker would take a dive over the top rope to the outside and land on his feet. Would jump off the top rope into an F5. Shit... the curbstomp reversal into an RKO @ WM is a thing of legend.
Literally none of that is being ignored. Those things don't make him a great in-ring performer. Those things don't make anyone a great in-ring performer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
This is a guy that could do a Phoenix splash if needed and most guys his size wouldn't even consider it.
So on top of lying about people thinking Rollins was legitimately injured going into his match with Triple H, you are now telling me that you are one of those people that think that "moves moves and MOVES LOL" are what makes a guy great in the ring. I guess you think Terry Funk wasn't a great in-ring performer right? I guess Steve Austin wasn't great? Oh but I bet Jeff Hardy is an all time great right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
He can roll with anyone, anytime... even the technical guys like Styles or Bryan. I'm quite sure if you put him in there with Ricochet, he'd hold his own with Flippy McFlipper.
Until Rollins proves he's able to construct a match differently from the typical style that he likes performing in, he is not anywhere close to Bryan as far as being an in-ring performer is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
And make no bones about this.. if he were ever to come free, AEW would be on him like white on rice. The guy is a top-tier talent, and if you don't believe that you can take your opinion, which is worth about as much as a ten cent taco, and shove it.
A guy who can't talk on the mic and has little to no abilities in the character department isn't a top tier talent, regardless of how good he is in the ring (and he's not good in the ring, so that just kills your argument).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
I mean, they went after Ambrose and that guy is mid-tier at best anywhere else.
Because Ambrose is one of the best mic workers in Pro Wrestling. He's an excellent character worker who takes that aspect of Pro Wrestling very seriously. And he is a very, VERY good in-ring performer who takes not only selling seriously, but all of the other critical aspects such as storytelling too. Rollins does not.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and that was a very obvious mistake. I mean, you just tried to tell me that Seth being able to do a Phoenix Splash makes him a top tier in-ring performer. That makes him a great gymnastic, that doesn't make him a great in-ring performer. There's a reason he's already received criticism from other people within the industry for his in-ring work, and it isn't because he doesn't do enough flips.

Now please, take your lack of Pro Wrestling knowledge somewhere else and leave this to people who know what they're talking about.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
AlternateDemise is offline  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome