Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD FEATURING EVERYBODY EXCEPT CHELSEA FC UNLESS APPEAL FUCKERY
View Single Post
post #96 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 04:42 AM
Michael Myers
The Shape

Re: OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD FEATURING EVERYBODY EXCEPT CHELSEA FC UNLESS APPEAL FUCKERY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Atletico confirming Joao Felix but at the same time selling arguably the best midfielder in La Liga to Man City. No idea what to make of them next season, such massive upheaval.

Rodri is basically the Busquets replacement for Spain, definite upgrade for City on Dinho. Pep gonna have the PL title on lockdown for a few more years then.

soon
Yeah they will have to replace Godin, Luis, Hernandez, Griezmann (which they have done tbf), Rodri and possibly Partey if someone pays the release clause for him.

This is why i think splashing 100M on Felix is not a great idea. The guy has potential but has only played one season in the top flight, and numbers tend to be inflated in Liga NOS.

I think there are plenty of bargains to be had around europe and they could have used that money more appropriately.

For example, Vertonghen has a 25 million release clause during the month of July. He would be a good (even though short term) replacement for Godin.

Sarabia was available for 18 million before PSG snapped him up. There are plenty of young full backs they could take a chance on. Tielemans is on the market, and they could have used the entirety of the Rodri money to try snap up Ndombele who is fantastic.

I just think there were better ways to spend that money than taking a huge gamble on Felix.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome