Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Favorite FPS of all time and why?
View Single Post
post #76 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 02:38 PM
Verbatim17

Re: Favorite FPS of all time and why?

Perfect Dark - the spiritual successor to Goldeneye. I spent countless hours playing this game. I loved the single player story, and the secret missions unlocked. Loved both the co-op and counter-op. Loved its multiplayer and its numerous customization option (just needed to let players edit sim names). The game that came after it in the series though, Perfect Dark Zero, was a step back in pretty much every aspect from graphics to gameplay to multiplayer, with the lone exception being with the new ability to roll at the time. They took the term prequel way too seriously. The irony is that if it had better graphics (I’m not opposed to cartoony graphics or even the cel shaded idea they had for the game before, but it just didn’t fit the series), improved on the multiplayer from the original Perfect Dark, and made a better story, Perfect Daro Zero would have been an ok sequel. However, what was produced instead stopped the Perfect Dark franchise dead in its tracks due to how mediocre it was. A shame Microsoft never produced another one, since there were some cool plans in place for a proper sequel, and there have been some significant advancements in first person gameplay thanks to games like the Mirror’s Edge series.

Half-Life 2 is a very close second.

Others FPS games I’ve liked are Wolfenstein, Doom, Goldeneye, Halo, No One Lives Forever 2 (I liked the 60’s theme), Call of Duty, including the expansion pack United Offensive, COD 3, COD: Ghosts & COD: Black Ops 2.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome