Wrestling Forum banner

When was the last time you were genuinely shocked or surprised with WWE?

7K views 88 replies 80 participants last post by  peowulf 
#1 · (Edited)
I think most of us here can agree that a little bit of surprise or shock in wrestling is needed to keep us engaged I don't think it's wise to overkill that feeling, but I think it's important to have it once in awhile. So the question, is when was the last time you were genuinely shocked or surprised watching WWE?

#23 · (Edited)
Dean Ambrose's heel turn - I knew the turn was coming, I was shocked WWE actually had the balls to do it the same night as Roman announced his leukemia. Fucking hell. It was literally the only part of his heel turn they actually got right cos the rest was a shitshow. But that turn was perfectly executed - so much so, people complained about it!

I remember in the live thread, people were saying "oh here comes the feel good moment to end the show with Seth & Dean winning the tag titles and hugging like brothers" - that did happen but then BAM lol.

Reactions: RBrooks
#35 ·
That wasn't shocking either lol

They were basically hitting us over the head that he might turn for weeks prior to that.

The question isn't what moment you liked the best, the question was when were you "genuinely shocked". Everyone knew Ambrose was turning heel. That wasn't shocking at all lmao

#54 ·
This is because WWE are scared to save anything for a surprise.

Everything has to be announced in advance because they think that's how to get the ratings out of the toilet. But obviously, the way to get people to tune in is to make the shows unpredictable. Just another fundamental problem with how WWE is being run.

#64 ·
Reigns getting squashed at WM, then losing in Saudi Arabia, then needing interference to win at SummerSlam, then having a Hell in a Cell match voided by interference from Brock Lesnar, then Rollins being the one to get the belt off Brock in a really dusty way setting Reigns up to be drafted to Smackdown in order to verbally and physically lose a feud to Shane McMahon. All this while Rollins is feuding with a Brock Lesnar who has the money in the bank briefcase despite not even being an eligible competitor in the match. WM 34 to Super Show Down has been a total head scratcher for me with regards to the company's top angle by far, Brock Vs. Shield members, I must confess to not understanding any of these decisions at all.

#75 ·
The whole YES movement in 2014 that got Daniel Bryan in the main event of WM30. There was just something electric about how you could see the revolt coming starting with the whole Daniel Wyatt thing and then him not being in the Rumble match. It really felt like maybe the fans were gonna force something to change....too bad it went the way of so many revolutions and crumbled when the people got a taste of what they wanted and got complacent again....last time I really gave a fuck about anything in the WWE.

Reactions: SPCDRI
#81 ·
There's been a lot of shocking moments the past few years. I know people are unhappy about the product so are gonna say 'its been 10+ years' or something stupid.

Some really, really good ones that have been mentionned:

Shane's return. Nobody saw that coming, huge shock.
Goldberg squashing Lesnar - huge shock
Lesnar squashing Cena - also huge shock

Even Lesnar showing up and winning MITB - that was a shock too. IT doesn't mean you have to like it - but no one expected that or talked about it before.

#82 ·
There's been a lot of shocking moments the past few years. I know people are unhappy about the product so are gonna say 'its been 10+ years' or something stupid.

Some really, really good ones that have been mentionned:

Shane's return. Nobody saw that coming, huge shock.
Goldberg squashing Lesnar - huge shock
Lesnar squashing Cena - also huge shock

Even Lesnar showing up and winning MITB - that was a shock too. IT doesn't mean you have to like it - but no one expected that or talked about it before.
He is Vince's first born and you didn't think that eventually he would be back in the WWE?

#11 ·
Very recently the Firefly FunHouse. Honestly I'm quite shocked Vince allowed something this twisted to actually keep airing, it's clearly not PG.

Lampooning a kids TV show with weird evil puppets and an OTT happy presenter who turns in to what looks like a masked serial killer is OTT twisted for the super sanitised WWE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.