Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Not Best for Business X

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I think it's for something else!

Votes: 1 7.1%

Drew McIntyre Momentum

1K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  MarkyWhipwreck 
#1 · (Edited)
It's fair to say that Drew was being built quite well during the mid part of last year up to just before Reigns went off air and Strowman was injured, then he kind of slid, then the build up for WM against Reigns, he was built back up and gained decent momentum, which could easily have carried past WM....but didn't.

There was a missed opportunity after WM but never happened, but now all of a sudden, it's back on, with Shane O'Mac being his partner in crime, or 'What's best for business', just feels a shame they didn't do this a bit quicker post WM, it's OK and am wondering where this will all go, I hope it eventually leads to McIntyre FINALLY getting a shot at the big one, but for now let's just see what this 'Best for Business' alliance will go?

Maybe they will just take ALL THE BELTS? hahaha....yeah SUUURE!

#5 ·
His "momentum" has been zapped from him since being called up after his boring, forgettable NXT World title run. Once being called up, he's been in limbo doing nothing worthwhile as he's being a lackey for the likes of Corbin, Elias, and now Shane McMahon. It's clear they don't value him as much as people think he should be valued. He may get a World title run someday just out of longevity but he doesn't mean anything to the company where they'll put him in a high position to succeed.

#7 ·
I voted 'maybe best for business?'

This is because, what else would they be doing with him if he isn't Shanes bodyguard, at least he's getting TV time with somebody who is being pushed beyond all pushes, so maybe Drew can use that to his advantage?

BUT it got me thinking this poll.. What happened to the crew of Drew, Lashley and Corbin? Have they just stopped, was there a segment I missed where they split up or something?

#6 ·
He's been booked badly ever since he arrived to the main roster. The pairing with Dolph I was never a fan of, but looking back in retrospective, it's the best use of him so far. The alignments with Lashley, Corbin, Shane, Elias, etc. have all made him look less important, watered down, and just another face in the crowd of midcard heel henchmen.

I've wanted so badly for there to be some interaction between him and his former 3MB mates, either him attacking them, mocking them... anything. We never got that. I was hoping for at least a spot in the Rumble where they awknowledge each other and maybe he eliminates them. Still.... nothing.

He's got a great look, lacks charisma, isn't really that over with the audience.

#11 ·
He just seems to be passed round to pair with random wrestlers. The only pairing that made sense was with Dolph. It's a shame he went on hiatus when he did, because they could have had more of a feud and Dolph would have made him seem like a monster .

I've never been a massive fan. He has a great look, but no real presence and just OK in the ring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Ya know, its tough to say. He's seldom been a solo act since he got called up. There was that stuff with Ziggler. Then the endless Drew/Corbin/Lashley combinations. Now he's a lacky for Shane..

Its tough to know what Drew could do on his own, because they've never really put him on his own that much since they called him up.

#17 ·
I know that McIntyre doesn't have very many fans of this forum, and I totally understand why, I aint going to say they are wrong, but I have always liked Drew.

I really would like to see WWE give him something big to chew on, right now, the man is just lingering, he isnt doing or has done nothing, he has been made a WWE thug for hire. Constantly hanging around others doing nothing. The man needs some forefront attention.

I hope they go with a Diesel/Shawn Michaels storyline, and McIntyre goes face knocking out Shane after having had enough of his shit, similar to what Diesel did with Michaels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.