Wrestling Forum banner

Do You Believe HHH Could Make WWE Great Again?

7K views 99 replies 80 participants last post by  The XL 
#1 ·
Much as I am thankful for Vince McMahon and what he has given us (this WWE Product and the memories), its clear he is off his rocker (and has been for a while)

And now with the reports that the script was (allegedly) being written while the show was airing makes me even more concerned.

That being said, do you believe once HHH takes over (I am expecting him instead of Shane or Stephanie) and eventually tells Vince to retire and pound sand, that he can turn this company around?

This isn't a question about pushing the right guys or the wrong guys, but more of pushing a right product? Maybe HHH will go back to the basics of how he came up in the business and allow the more talented performers leeway to establish themselves?

#2 ·
I believe he has what it takes... in fact I believe that given the opportunity, many writers and even a good chunk of hardcore fans have what it takes to make the WWE product great. WWE has a tremendous roster and more money to play with than most could imagine.. its just the writing that fucks everything up. I think thats a relatively easy fix

#3 ·
All we have to go on is NXT, which is a good track record for the most part.

I expect things to be more organized under Triple H at least. None of these constant last minute rewrites. Stories should be more consistent. This should help a lot.

I also expect there to be none of that horrible toilet, food, or "little person" humor that gets Vince off. That will also help.

No stupid name changes either. No Viking Experiences.

Production values should be better also because Kevin Dunn will probably be out.

But the product will still be PG and all that. So temper your expectations. At this point though any small improvement is welcome.

#6 ·
This is probably accurate but the one thing about HHH that won't work well when running a company is he holds grudges. Vince has always been able to put his personal feuds aside when there is money to be made.

For example if CM Punk called up Vince and said he wants to return Vince would bring him right in. HHH would be more likely to hold a grudge. I see HHH being the guy that will push his friends and people who kiss ass while I genuinely believe Vince pushes people he thinks can draw him money.

#7 ·
NOBODY is telling Vince to pound sand or take a hike, ever. For better, for worse, he's the Tyrant King.

That said, I can only pray that he dies sooner that later for the sake of the product. Fixing the product is literally as simple as "do what NXT does, but with your stars", but then again, fixing healthcare is literally as simple as regulation but the reason there is no clear path to these simple fixes is the people who hold the power to make these changes aren't going to change the way they do business.

#12 ·
I believe if Triple H had the power to orchestrate pushes and title reigns then yeah, i think it would be very different. The only problem is he'll have to undo all that Vince has done by basically starting from scratch and start building up alot of the rosters. It would take time.

#23 ·
He has turned developmental from a complete joke that used to draw 50 people in a warehouse in tampa for tapings despite having Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro etc on roster to one that's sold out Barclays in Brooklyn multiple times, Wembley arena, Amway in Orlando (WWE couldn't sell out smaller Amway in 2008 for raw after mania or HOF), New Orleans arena among other.

As a booker he has certainly proved himself at a certain level..that's not even open for debate really. The idea that fcw would be drawing 13,000 fans to a show in 2011 would be completely idiotic

#24 ·
The overwhelming majority of characters and gimmicks that are around today originated in NXT under HHH's rule. It's just that when they get to the main roster, they're under Vince's governance and that's where most of the problems arise. Who knows how much better (or worst) things may have been these past several years if Hunter was the one in control of their careers on the main roster as well.

Anyway, we won't know how truly good of a promoter HHH is or not until he takes over and shows us. But I've seen enough to have faith in him.

#25 ·
I don’t think the WWE can ever be “great” again since they are publicly traded and will always be stifled creatively by sponsors and public pressure.

I do think it’ll be much improved under HHH.

My concern is if Stephanie gets control, I think she could end up even worse than Vince.

#26 ·
He would probably give more creative freedom to wrestlers but I don't think he can improve the shows.
NXT is 1 hour and that also taped.
Main roster has 5 hours of live shows to fill up on weekly basis so there is a major difference.
I think they need to change the format of the show and reduce some hours because there's way too much wrestling.

#27 ·
But do you guys think he would do better in terms of not forgetting that guys exist? (like Rusev and Nakamura, Mojo Rawley to name a few). Making the tag team division good again?

#29 ·
I think WWE *can* be made great again - very, very much so. I don't know if we'll reach the heights of the attitude era again - but there's definitely an appetite and potential out there for much more success than what's going on now.

I've never been one of those "Vince has to go" people - but i think i've reached a point where it's clear to me he does. They're just putting out bad TV.

WWE has a terrific roster - possibly their best ever. So many great performers with potential to be huge stars. Not sure that they have a Stone Cold or Rock level guy (but to be fair Bryan and Punk reached super high levels in recent years but were then squandered, so not impossible) - but they don't need one to be more successful.

Is HHH the guy to make WWE great again? Maybe. He seems to have done great in NXT. The responsibility and workload of WWE is going to be immensely bigger though - so hard to say for sure.

#30 ·
I can confidently say that HHH would do a much better job at running WWE than Vince McMahon at this point. As bad as it's been under Vince it can only go up when someone more competent takes his position. Vince has great talent gifted wrapped to him and doesn't have any idea on what to do with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.