Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Anime Discussion Thread (2019 Edition)
View Single Post
post #98 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:11 AM
Pizzamorg
SLAVE.

Re: Anime Discussion Thread (2019 Edition)

I was going to put Demon Slayer on the backburner but I figured that with four episodes out on CR right now, I'd catch up with it and then I'd just watch it weekly (I assuming it is weekly?) and pick up a different show in the mean time like I did with OPM 2.

Honestly I'd recommend watching the four episodes as close together as you can as they are much more satisfying as a whole, than they are as parts. This has very much been, at least so far, the kind of show that doesn't strive for originality but rather takes existing tropes and just does them really fucking well to the point where you don't mind that you're basically watching Anime 101.

This is especially true of the shows exceptional visuals. Over the last couple of months where I've been really getting back into anime in a big way again, I was surprised to find how many shows have such mediocre, nondescript, animation — if the animation is good at all. You would figure given the name, animation would be more important to anime... but I guess not. Demon Slayer has eye popping, stylised visuals and fluid action sequences captured with a really filmic visual sense. It has such strong presentation that it really elevates what would be otherwise really middle of the road material to a higher level.

DEATHRIDER

I also talking about wrestling on my Twitter if you want to follow me or whatever...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome