Wrestling Forum banner

Ronda Rousey vs Asuka

1K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Dibil13 
#1 ·
Ronda and Asuka have both had better days but both are champions with huge fan bases. Do you think we might ever see a collision between Ronda and Asuka or is it a match we will never see?

If we could see it whose side are you on Ronda or Asuka?

#2 · (Edited)
We're never seeing it. Ronda is gone, and even if she came back, Asuka isn't money to Vince because he doesn't understand what charisma is. If he thought it was a money match, it would've happened. He'll have Ronda working 4 more matches seperately against Charlotte and Becky, as well as Lacey Evans and Dana Brooke.

It says an astronomical amount about Vinces lack of booking comprehension that he gave Ruby Riott 2 matches against Ronda Rousey but Asuka got zero. Losing to her isn't even the issue.

#4 ·
Ruby Riott was clearly being fed to Ronda. Of course Asuka didnt get that role they protect Asuka a helluva lot more than that. As well they should

OP- if and when Ronda comes back she has unfinished business with Becky.

If she comes bach for more matches though yes this matchup could asbolutely work

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah, they protect her so much. She can't do jobs because she's never on television. :lol

Asuka is the only "name" woman that has never faced Ronda. That says something. Charlotte has faced her, Becky has faced her, Nia has faced her, Alexa has faced her, Sasha has faced her, Bayley has faced Ronda. Asuka wasn't deemed important enough, Vince didn't think it was a money match. They've jobbed her out constantly on PPV since she lost her streak, and she didn't even make the WrestleMania card this year. That's not protecting her, that's sabotage.

#9 ·
they should have done an undefeated asuka vs ronda but wwe did what wwe does and it never happened.

#11 ·
Depends on what happens with Ronda. If she gets pregnant that obviously precludes a lot of things. If not, a singles match with Becky at SummerSlam is obviously the first program, and then they'll probably do that horseshitwomen match. It's still a big match I think they'll want to do at some point though.

#12 ·
There's a match I have zero interest in seeing, as well as any match involving Ronda Rousey. The last thing the women need is Ronda coming back and running rampage on the division again. She needs to just have her baby and never return to the WWE as an active performer again. The only ring I'd ever want to see Ronda return to is the octagon, that was the last time Ronda Rousey was actually entertaining.

#16 ·
Really does depend on what Rousey wants to do.

I don't think she's that happy about the Wrestlemania match and that's how we might see her stick around a bit longer and go out the way she likes. Could see her facing Becky, Charlotte and even Asuka if she wants to stay around till Summerslam.

If she is off to start a family zero chance of Becky v Rousey at WM36. Can't see Rousey being in any position to take that match.

#17 ·
Tyrion is right when he says that Becky, Charlotte, Lacey Evans, & Dana Brooke would be the only matches Rousey is coming back for. If Rousey does return, she will have had her baby already (Most likely). She is not coming back to another full-time schedule. Her contract ends in early 2021. It'll be something along the lines of Cena or Lesnar's schedules. She may only wrestle 4-5 times over the course of the year, if that. Especially when she has already run through the division. She'll only make the big shows. She has unfinished business with Becky and we need the 1v1 fight that should've main evented Mania. Its the only match that even makes sense for Rousey to come back for. Then you have Charlotte. There's no way that Charlotte won't be taking one of those 4-5 slots. That's automatic.

Then you have Lacey Evans who is another big breasted blonde who will most likely be getting a push this year. Dana Brooke, another big breasted blonde is starting to get more exposure for seemingly no reason except that she is a big breasted blonde, so she will probably be taking one of those spots as well. We may get Alexa Bliss, another plastic blonde, who looks to be getting re-pushed, take the last slot.

I'm sorry but Asuka will not be one of the women she wrestles in one of her only return matches, unless things drastically change with this company before then. They clearly have a type. Even Carmella got a monster push back when she was a blonde. The only reason Becky is even in this conversation is because she got herself over and Vince had no choice but to push her. Who knows, AEW may force true change but we have to wait till Winter 2019 to see if that happens. Then we can revisit the possibility of Asuka vs Rousey.

#19 ·
I already know Tyrion`s opinion about that match, but I don`t share that. It just didn`t happen naturally and they had enough people on RAW, and therefore Bayley was wasted in a kinda bad match against Rousey. Obvisouly, in the last three months, Rousey was no more in mood - or just had no time - to make great preparations. The last good match before WM was her match against Natalya at chrismas and then the match at RR against Sasha was okay. She did no match against Ruby and on next nights RAW you saw, that there had been like no training for Ronda (and obvisouly she needs to learn ("prepare") the matches extremly, like she said in a none WWE interview months ago) with them.
In the last weeks, her matches just were none. One move and some brawling against Dana, she chased Logan just around the ring before the armbar and then she semilocked the armbar against Liv, before Liv tapped out. There was no reason to bring Asuka over to RAW with big explanations, to have a 10 seconds match.

IF something happens in the future, then they will do the 4 HW thing.

#20 ·
Between the brand split being a thing and Asuka's declining status, it's not a match we're guaranteed to see. I think it mostly depends on whether Ronda will be full-time again or if she's transitioning to a more Lesnar type of role. If it's the latter and WWE can only do a few Ronda matches per year, I could see them not wanting to ''waste'' one of those matches on Asuka.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.