Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - I don't understand the Triple H hype at all. Am I just crazy?

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:30 PM
jroc72191

Re: I don't understand the Triple H hype at all. Am I just crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ Jones View Post
Okay you nailed it. NXT is another thing I don't understand the hype for. For example, everybody told me that Nakamura vs Sami Zayn from Takeover Dallas was the greatest thing since sliced bread...and it was no doubt a very physical match. But that's all it was. I didn't understand what the story was supposed to be for why these guys were fighting, this was apparently Nakamura's WWE debut, yet the crowd is chanting "THIS IS AWESOME" at the first collar and elbow tie up. Why? Also worth noting both guys have been a total flop in front of a more mainstream audience.

Also most of the matches I've seen from NXT are the same thing recycled over and over. Spamming finishers and kickouts. Not impressive, sorry. What got me into professional wrestling was larger than life characters who hated each other and wanted to fight for a *reason*.

Again, maybe wrestling is just something different from when I began watching but I don't get this infatuation with the indie/NXT style.

"its a fight, not a dance" is the quote that sums up ricochet for me 10000%

"I fear nothing and regret less." -John Cena

"To be the man you gotta beat the man!" -Ric Flair

"I dont like it, when things aren't my, going my way." -Jumpin Jeff Farmer

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome