Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Star Wars: Rogue One prequel series on Disney+ streaming

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 05:21 PM
Sincere
I survived the VerticalScope purge!

Re: Star Wars: Rogue One prequel series on Disney+ streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillePunk View Post
Yes. I love those books so much. Bane is another character I'd consider iconic from the EU. I wish we got another book in the series given how the trilogy ended but alas, don't think it can ever happen now.

I actually got into Karpyshyn from his Mass Effect books which I also thought were fantastic. Bought his first original IP book Children of Fire a long time ago but couldn't really get into it.
Drew just knows Star Wars, and is clearly a fan. I like how the Bane series really delved into the history and philosophy of the Jedi and Sith as well, as that has always been the most interesting hook of the EU for me.

He also wrote for BioWare's KOTOR games, the first of which became one of their breakout successes (he wrote for Mass Effect 1 and 2 as well, also leading to another breakout success for BioWare).

I like how all his Star Wars work is interconnected. Revan from KOTOR directly influences the development of Bane which then directly influences the fate of the Jedi/Sith in the films, a la the Rule of Two.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome