Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

View Single Post
post #93 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:54 PM
RapShepard

Re: AEW - All Elite Wrestling (The Elite/Jericho/Ross/Khan) - New Promotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
As far as guys jumping ship from WWE, I don't know if really about getting a "main event spot." It's more to me being fulfilled creatively. Look at Finn Balor. Finn Balor is a guy who hardly ever has an actual storyline dedicated to him. He's used mostly as a guy who can make other guys like McIntyre, Lashley, Corbin, etc. look good.

And it's not that he always loses. He's about 50/50 most of the time. It's that most of the matches he's in don't really matter, because there isn't a lot going for them storyline wise.

So if he cares about that and he got a sweet deal from this potential new company, I could see him wanting to leave. Same thing with guys like Gallows & Anderson who are doing absolutely nothing.

Ziggler's a guy I don't agree about honestly. #1, if he wanted to leave WWE, he would have done so years ago. And #2, while Dolph has been underutilized in the past, this year he's been at Tag Champion, IC Champion, been apart of main event angles. I don't see him leaving after all that.

I still find it hard to believe the reports that 2 talents have already agreed to deals in principle because we don't even know if this thing is going to get off the ground. Even if they are creatively suppressed, it's still a job. And I don't see anyone leaving guaranteed money until they know this thing is off the ground.

But if it does, then yes I could see people leaving if they can get somewhat comparable money.
Me personally I just can't really buy into when wrestlers say "it's not about booking, it's about being able to be free artistically". Because really most of the guys who tote that also happen to be top of the cards they're on. Wrestling for the artistic expression sounds like stuff you say when you're a top guy getting top guy money lol. I don't think Omega and The Bucks would be all on the "I just care apart freedom of expression" if they were low carders barely getting a shot.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome