Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NXT UK Discussion Thread

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Alright_Mate

Re: NXT UK Weekly Show Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS BEFORE THE SHOWS AIR PLEASE]

That first episode was a lot of fun, far better than that nauseating garbage that is WOS...

Solid opener between Joe Coffey and Mark Andrews. Andrews is always fun to watch, Joe Coffey had a decent showing here but I think he excels better against guys the same size, he is the type of guy you just want to see go all out in a hard hitting brawl.

I'm glad Trent Seven took control of the Moustache Mountain promo, so much better than Bate on the mic.

"The Bastard" Dave Mastiff was showcased as a beast, loved his entrance, few similarities to Lars Sullivan's. Not familiar with Sid Scala but I'll praise him on his facial expressions. Highlight of this was Mastiff's dropkick, fucking brutal.

That guy from Blue Peter doing backstage interviews

Crowd was unsurprisingly hot for Toni Storm. Just a basic match against Nina Samuels who I hope they push sooner rather than later, she's one of the best heels in UK Women's Wrestling.

Dunne vs Dar built into a fantastic match. They targeted each other's knees inconsistently to start, I wanted more psychology from them. First half of the match felt like an average spotfest; things turned great though as soon as they faced each other across the ring and slowly crawled to each other, from then on the intensity picked up and they went all out, last five mins were quality.

Proud to be a UK wrestling fan tonight, good quality show and they bang it on the network at the perfect time for us UK viewers

Last edited by Alright_Mate; 10-17-2018 at 07:35 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome