Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NXT Weekly Show Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS BEFORE THE SHOWS AIR PLEASE]
View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 12:33 PM
Alright_Mate

Re: NXT Weekly Show Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS BEFORE THE SHOWS AIR PLEASE]

Another average episode of NXT, the last three weeks have felt so lazy, very disappointing build for Takeover.

Street Profits vs The Mighty was ok for what it was, the problem I have with these two teams is that Street Profits are fun to watch but their character work is unbearable at times, while The Mighty work better as heels but their character work is still bland.

More mixed opinions towards Kairi Sane...I loved the interaction between her and Shayna when she delivered the three elbows and submission; however yet again I found problems in some of her character work. There was a part of the match where Kairi pointed at Shayna as if Shayna was intimidating her from the announce table...Shayna though was just sitting there minding her own business, very weird. That plank walk gets worse everytime I see it, Kairi produced it like she was drunk. The main problem I have with Kairi is that she doesn't come across as a badass, all this intensity feels so forced, I just can't take her seriously when she still acts like a complete goof.

EC3 pissed all over Dream in that segment, I thought that was the blandest promo Dream has ever cut. I just can't get behind this match, it's just a very uninteresting matchup.

Cathy Kelley as for that Black attack video package what was with all the arrows pointing at the Wrestlers

Bate vs Strong was ok but they've produced better, some of the transitions were great though, so smooth, the finish though was a bit anticlimactic.

For the first time in ages I'm not pumped for an NXT Takeover event, it's likely to deliver but right now I'm only really excited for one match and that's Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain.

Last edited by Alright_Mate; 08-16-2018 at 12:37 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome