Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Chris Jericho Explains Why He Won't Be At NJPW United States Shows Or All In
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Insideyourhead

Chris Jericho Explains Why He Won't Be At NJPW United States Shows Or All In

Quote:
In fact, Jericho said he will not be doing any shows in the United States that isn't WWE out of respect for Vince McMahon, adding that he will not compete on the NJPW G1 Special From San Francisco at the Cow Palace on July 7 for that very same reason.

"I always felt like the unwritten rule is that I don't want to go into the states. I feel like that would be a real slap in the face to Vince. If it ever came down to it, something came down with us, I would probably do a shown in the states and do the Cow Palace and do Jericho vs. [Tetsuya] Naito in a rematch or whatever or All In. I'd love to do that, but a: It's in Chicago. B: At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I can't lower my value working all these shows. It's picking my spots with the right guys and the right places for the overall contract signing," Jericho said.
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/c...-appearing-all

Makes sense. I normally don't trust Jericho's word, but I think he's telling the truth on this one. He has a lot of respect for Vince.

To be the man you have to beat the man! - Ric Flair

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome