Wrestling Forum banner

The Lone Wolf: Baron Corbin Fan Thread

13K views 76 replies 31 participants last post by  The Boy Wonder 
#1 · (Edited)

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal Trophy (2016)
Money In The Bank (2017)

Baron Corbin, made his WWE NXT debut on May 8th, 2013, has one of the best move-sets in WWE today, incridble mic skills & look as well.

See less See more
1 2
#75 ·
Only two things I can appreciate about Corbin

One of the best modern day finishers

The meme brilliance of this promo line

#5 ·
Re: The Lone Wolf: BARON CORBIN

Corbin is one of those guys they definitely have done a good job of making him appear to be a threat even though he loses a lot of his feuds. I mean he's lost more than Bray has yet to most he doesn't feel as weak. If they play it right, he honestly should be one of the go to upper midcard heels for years. I'm still waiting for him and Reigns to cross paths, I want to see a Spear into End of Days

#6 ·
Re: The Lone Wolf: BARON CORBIN

Is a better worker than a lot will give him credit for. He's produced some surprisingly damn good matches. His promo skills are weak but he was always great on Talking Smack. His look is a bit of a mixed bag but he definitely has a strong presence.

I'm sort of a fan of his I guess. Plays his heel role very well.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T
#7 ·
Re: The Lone Wolf: Baron Corbin Thread

I'm a fan of him. He's underrated in the ring and can definitely hang with the top guys, and he portrays the defiant, supercilious lone-wolf character convincingly, but everytime he opens his mouth he sounds totally robotic and that takes me out of it a little bit. Currently I think he's fine at where he is. Losing the MITB may even turn out to be a blessing in disguise for him, since holding the title in the midst of a down period of SD is a tough task and one that he surely isn't ready to handle yet.

Reactions: Piers
#8 ·
Had to add this to OP because I fuckin’ love it :cry

Reactions: nyelator
#11 ·
I’ll make you feel the wrath of my ways
I’ll make it real, I’ll bring you end of days

This theme fits him so much :trips5

Now they need to treat him better :nash

#13 ·
This is how you make someone feel like a star. It fits him so much more and makes him seem like a real deal. As soon as he enters, you can feel the world ending and the Wolf burning is part of what makes it so great. It's cool the WWE hasn't giving up on him and he is still a big part of the show

That said, I can't for CF$O song to be replaced like this, some song are great but an awful lot of them are so generic

#14 ·
One of my favourites. Great theme, underrated in the ring, top 3 signature offence, and a good look that stands out in a sea of average sized bland guys. His mic work has potential but is pretty average ATM, to me it feels like he's getting scripted too heavily.

Huge shame his street fight with Ambrose from the post-Mania SD wasn't for the title.

#15 ·
Here is the thing about Baron Corbin, he is bad ass, looks like he will kick your ass and laugh about it later. Will steal your gf and leave you down on the mat on the count. I like Baron Corbin and he is my top 5 favorite on Smackdown Live. One of my favorite call up's from last year after WM 32. I marked like crazy when he won the Andre The Giant Battle Royal. Corbon has a bad ass theme in all three of WWE collection of him. Once he is out of the dog house and is able to get a title, then we will truly be even more bad ass.

#23 ·
Corbin is one of those guys who over the years, slowly but surely, has grown in the ring and has shown he can have very good matches with a multitude of opponents.

There's only 2 things really holding him back for me really:

1. His look. I mean, yeah, he's tall. But so is Braun Strowman. Who feels more physically imposing? Braun obviously. Corbin feels like he lacks that "fear factor" even if he is a legit tough guy as a Boxer and Football player.

2. His voice. For a guy who's such a heel, man he has a soft voice.

That and the fact that from one month to the next, WWE can't decide whether they want to push him hard or make him look like a fool.

#24 ·
1. His look. I mean, yeah, he's tall. But so is Braun Strowman. Who feels more physically imposing? Braun obviously. Corbin feels like he lacks that "fear factor" even if he is a legit tough guy as a Boxer and Football player.
I do agree with this, I guess I've just never bought Corbin as a 'big guy', even though he is pretty big. I like his look with the tattoos, and he has one of the best themes in WWE. But Braun just makes it more apparent with the size/booking difference how much inferior SD is treated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.