Wrestling Forum banner

Charlotte Flair is Modern Day The Reign of Terror HHH

8K views 70 replies 47 participants last post by  RapShepard 
#1 ·
Skills that are great, but overhyped. Multiple Title Reigns of course of a long period of time, that are also lengthy as well. Hell her new nickname is the queen. Burials to come to the women's division.

#48 ·
Charlotte is only getting so much of the belt because she's light years ahead of the rest of the RAW women's roster. Overall there's only her, Becky and Nikki who should be getting a look in as champs at the moment. When Triple H's reign of terror was going on, the roster was absolutely stacked and a good number of guys should/could have had his spot. That's an important difference.

#50 ·
I used to think this too, but she has improved a lot since last year. She's a very good heel now, and decent in the ring, If she can keep improving who know how good she can become. But right now she has everything going for her, and has added some legitimacy to the WWE RAW women's title. Things may have started out awful for her, but she has turned it around, and has become one of the best heels RAW has right now.

#59 ·
I don't think you're too far off with that statement.

Charlotte is very talented but the number of reigns she's getting next to her name is incredible. She's never been outside of the main women's feud since she debuted, forefront of the 'Divas Revolution', wins title from Nikki, feuds with Paige, Becky, Brie, Becky/Sasha, Natalya, Sasha, drops title to Sasha, wins title back from Sasha, drops title to Sasha, wins title back from Sasha again. She's never been out of the forefront, that's kind of the annoying thing as no-one else has had such treatment in that space of time

Reactions: Eva MaRIHyse
#60 ·
Yeah, it's just like Rollins never leaving the main event on the men's side. It's bad for them and I'm not going to pretend like it's not bad for the women because Charlotte is one of my favorites. They had the opportunity to put Charlotte in a mid card feud with Dana and put Sasha against Nia by either having Dana accidentally screw Charlotte over, or having Nia break into the cell after their match. This would have effectively separated both of them to avoid an AJ/Paige situation of tired rematches for no reason, moved Charlotte out of the spotlight to avoid overexposure, and established Nia as a monster heel in a big angle, instead of with overdone squashes. Now, Sasha's directionless again, Bayley's being built up with ZERO momentum, and they either have to turn Charlotte face (horrible decision) or do a heel vs heel feud with Nia where the crowd has no clear favorite.

#62 ·
Charlotte is good, but she's killed all the fun from that division.

She was a terrible face, even mentioning her dead brother couldn't get her cheered FFS. She's good as a heel, but that means Sasha's stuck as a face. And while Sasha isn't that great a face, she's an amazing heel, better, nastier and meaner than Charlotte- comes across as more vicious in the ring too.

That's what I hate about the Charlotte reign. It comes at the expense of everyone else. Sasha gets two meaningless reigns, Charlotte wins when she shouldn't, and now no matter who wins the title from her, everyone knows it's just a matter of time before the title moves back to her again.

I also understand there being not much credible challengers on Raw. Bayley in her current incarnation shouldn't win the belt. That leaves Nia. I would love a Nia Jax reign but I don't know how they could manage to get the strap from Charlotte to Nia.

#63 ·
Yes that's right viewer...

Both of them are boring charmless wrestlers with the advantage of favoritism and contacts backstage.

Reactions: 307858
#67 ·
As I've said before... she's presented like a star, she looks like a star, and she comes off on TV as a star. What is wrong with that? We all complain everybody is 50/50 booked and nobody comes off as true "superstars" anymore. She's one of the few wrestlers male or female that they're actually doing right. We shouldn't complain about this.

#69 ·
Charlotte is the most credible women on the roster. If they want to make the women's title look good, let Charlotte carry it for a few months. Have her lose it on free TV but always win it back the next week on PPV.eventually we'll get 16, time women's champ and she will look like a million bucks.

#71 ·
A lot of y'all just aren't built for actual heel reigns or legit runs in general. Her reign has got better with time easily. I get the idea of people wanting them to build up more people, but it takes time to truly establish a new main eventer (for the women's division) They still don't comepletely have the stench of suck off from all those years the division was a joke. The also have to get multiple newer women over. You don't get those people over and established by whoring out the belt. You give each of them time to establish themselves in the heel/face spotlight. Charlotte's time on top also helped Nattie become a presence again and played a part in Becky's fandom growing. She's given Sasha a rival that's interesting because both are pretty similar. Charlotte has been fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.