Wrestling Forum banner

If you're a professional wrestler and WWE offered you a job, would you accept the offer?

5K views 94 replies 81 participants last post by  Eva MaRIHyse 
#1 ·
Personally, I wouldn't. Sure, you would make lots of money, but between the backstage politics, bad management, terrible booking, and shitty writing, I just couldn't be able to handle it. What about you guys?

#50 ·
Yes but I wouldn't be so stupid as to sign it straight up. I'd make sure I or somebody else like a manager or an agent read through the entire contract first and get me the best deal possible. It's very naive to be like 'oh yeah I'd just sign for the money' or 'no I won't sign because of the stories'. Make yourself the most amount of money possible and not get used like trash. The AJ Styles way.

I think the deal AJ got signed to is the deal everybody who WWE is interested in should try to get for themselves. Otherwise you probably the deserve the deal that's being offered to you. :shrug

#65 ·
Yes instantly and I would try to make the most out of it as possible, every shitty character they'd probably write for me I would make excel until they could not deny my talent and either job me to oblivion or give me a shot at main eventing, plus the life style some of those guys live is niiiiceeeeeeee, when they do get their off chance to be home.

(id xavier woods it up)

#67 ·
If I wanted to be a professional wrestler, I would have started my career very early. Like at age eighteen early. I would go out of my way to become a journeyman in wrestling. I would go to Ring of Honor and wouldn't leave until I obtained enough success to have a memorable heavyweight championship title run. I would go to Lucha Underground and wouldn't leave until I obtained enough success to have a memorable heavyweight championship title run. I would go to New Japan Pro Wresting and wouldn't leave until I obtained enough success to have a memorable heavyweight championship run. My primary goal would be to have a legendary career before I even step foot in a WWE ring.

On top of doing everything in my power to reach the level at being one of if not the best in ring performer on the planet, I would go out of my way to create a larger than life character because I genuinely feel like that is a lost art form in professional wrestling nowadays. The bottom line is I wouldn't consider going to the WWE until I had accumulated enough financial independence where I could live without them therefore I could negotiate on my terms (no scripted promos, creative control over my character, imminent push to the main roster, etc). There's no way in hell I would have evolved my entire career in the WWE because they would have taken advantage of that.

#68 ·
I'd take a look if it was a Smackdown or NXT offer.... but pre draft main roster? Hell and no. And honestly, the indy scene is vital enough that a wrestler no longer needs the WWE. IN fact, it's getting back to where the promotion needs the wrestlers.

#70 ·
You know what they call a wrestler who wouldn't work for the WWE if offered a job?

Nothing. Because they aren't a wrestler.

Now, maybe certain guys already have commitments, but in no way would they stay unemployed if there was an option between that and WWE. They'd be all over it like white on rice. Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

#85 ·
hell no, not dealing with their bullshit while trying to stay in shape and not getting hurt working 340 days a yr, plus booking my own travel while traveling. i'd rather buy a ticket to one of their shows to piss on it

#88 ·
I'd stab my best friend in the back to get a job there, and she'd do the same.

There's ass-kissers and then there's those who get their ass kissed. Become the latter and you'll make it big in any business.

#94 · (Edited)
Abso-fucking-lutely. Even if the WWE treated me like shit, just the WWE experience alone would probably make me a draw on the indys if I ever get fired or eventually resigned. If you're a pro wrestler your goal should be to end up in WWE or NJPW, I think. Yeah, you could argue that maybe WWE pro wrestling style is watered down and probably isn't that fun to work there, but still, is the bigger platform in which a pro wrestler could perform.

#95 ·
WWE is the pinnacle of the business, even people like AJ, Joe, etc. who've wrestled all over the world still came to WWE in the end. And I feel like we as fans tend to focus so much on their pushes, and wins, and Titles. Understandable, because thats what we see, and what we have to invest in with the characters. But ultimately being pushed, winning a World Title, even headlining WrestleMania thesedays means very little, all it means really is someone backstage likes you. Regardless of wether you're jobbing or headlining that's what it all comes down too.

We do this with real sports as well, we Romanticize them and focus on the purity of the sport. But to the athletes its a job and they need to make money, and make good money while their body lets them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.