Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Match/DVD/Show Discussion Thread (And Stairs)

View Single Post
post #68 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Martins

Re: Official Match/DVD/Show Discussion Thread (And Stairs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I really liked the intensity in the first several minutes with all the hard chops and kicks and usage of the cage. That one that Joe took to the face while Balor was standing on the ropes was fucking NASTY. Didn't really care for them casually trading sequences in the last couple minutes though, but man that finish was awesome. Really didn't expect to see that.
I enjoyed the stiffness and the strike exchanges during the initial stages of the match quite a bit, too; what bothered me was them going for the exit and trying to escape from so early on. One minute they were exchanging chops, kicks, elbows like they were trying to kill each other, the next someone's heading for the door or trying to climb the cage.

I know they both want to win the Title real bad, but this has been built up as such a pride-fueled feud from both sides that it seems weird for them to go from "IMMA KICK THE SHIT OUTTA YOU" to trying to escape the cage as quickly as possible in such a short span of time. Instead, if they'd managed to ramp up the aggressiveness even more I'd have marked the fuck out. Plus I wanted to see a bit of colour, but we all figured that wasn't gonna happen

Finish was awesome though, and Joe making anyone his bitch is always entertaining.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome