Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: Will WWE ever change the way they do Smackdown?
fixing smackdown would be pretty easy imo:
1. Have it live
2. No raw recap, or any recaps for that matter
3. No more pointless matches like sheamus v wade or wade v orton that have nothing on the line, every match has something at stake, whether it be a tournament to determine the number #1 contender for a title, a best of 5/7 series of matches for a title
4. Each week the fans choose 1 matchwho they want to face off the following week via wwe app or wwe.com or whatever and what stipulation from a variety. Every smackdown member is votable and the match types are those such as last man standing, 2/3 falls, i quit, submission, tables, chairs, basically anything other than hell in a cell/cage or anything that is ppv worthy. This would ensure viewers would tune in every week as they want to see their match and who cares if they choose the same wrestlers/matches, a feud/storylines could easily develop just off this.
5. Bring back the cruiserweights and actually let them have storylines and mic time
6. Let heels have 30 seconds during their entrance time before most matches to rip/egg on the crowd, it is an easy way and time efficient way to get the fans invested in the matches
7. Have longer matches and no squash matches, only have suprise squash beatdowns ie out the back, in the crowd with weapons, this would actually make them impactfull
Last edited by wrasslinsreal; 02-05-2013 at 11:33 PM.