Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack - Page 82 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Did WWE cross the line with Jerry Lawler tonight?
Yes 191 31.01%
No 404 65.58%
Undecided 21 3.41%
Voters: 616. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #811 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Grass420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 357
Points: 0
 
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

The segment was fine.. people need to quit being cry babies.

If WWE wants to make an edgier product they will have to bring Raw back to two hours.. as the product gets edgier people who are not used to that or never watch anything else on TV besides wrestling (you know The Joker in batman was a much more evil villan than CM Punk? Are you people this offended by the batman movies)

i want more stuff like this, edgy stuff that makes you hate the villan.. i hate that whole "im gonna kick your butt" - it is so unreaistic and so unappealing.

This PG era needs to go and so do the PG era fans. the people who say "WWE was PG in the 90s" are forgetting that WWE almost went bankrupt in the 90s.. if WWE didn't put out edgier entertainment like everything else that is on TV there would be no WWE today.
the same goes for now.

WWE is a mock reality show.. what good reality/drama show is PG? all the good ones are TV-14.. the PG ones get cancelled so QUICK.. the difference is WWE has a huge bankroll,

If WWE does not get away from PG there will not be a WWE in 5 years. GUARANTEED!!!

as WWE goes to edgier programming they will loose their PG fans, the children and all that. (and of course, people who don't have a clue what they are talking about will show the ratings and say.. "see that means this edgy stuff is bad, ratings are going down".. the ratings will continue to go down as they get more edgy for a bit.. but they will pick up and get back into the 4.5+ ratings..
Grass420 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Evil Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 993
Points: 6
         
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
They are. If ratings don't matter then explain how they are going to promote themselves to an audience otherwise? Only Punk marks that try to cover up for the fact he's a failure on that front or defenders of today's terrible environment try to argue against it.
If it was really important they wouldn't do three hour shows since that lowers the ratings. The reality is that they earn more money this way, which shows that you can't just go on total numbers. Since Punk is one of the most consistent in gaining viewers with his segments most attempts to discredit him this way just comes off as cheap hate.
Evil Peter is offline  
post #813 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 35,228
Points: 5,325
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Only WF can make a topic about Punk & Heyman faking a heart attack towards Jerry Lawler into about ratings.

Empires Always Fall: --> Click//Obfuscation Films
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
post #814 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
#Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 6,551
Points: 1,409
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
They are. If ratings don't matter then explain how they are going to promote themselves to an audience otherwise? Only Punk marks that try to cover up for the fact he's a failure on that front or defenders of today's terrible environment try to argue against it.
It really doesn't matter though.. Do you realize how many of the Audience Download, stream or DVR RAW?
#Mark is offline  
post #815 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Riddle me this...
 
ZombieSham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 423
Points: 0
   
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

I voted that they crossed the line, BUT I was judging by PG Era standards. It was in bad taste and cheap, cheap heat, but hell, so was half of the Attitude Era and it was fantastic.

Thanks for everything, EDGE.

Christian's AGE OF AWESOMENESS begins!
ZombieSham is offline  
post #816 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Here he comes...
 
Endors Toi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Leeds, England
Posts: 936
Points: 3
           
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

They didn't cross any line. Jerry would have agreed to it and he is healthy again now, so what's the problem? It was a very good way to generate even more heat for Punk and Heyman - I liked it.

Endors Toi is offline  
post #817 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,681
Points: 0
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Mark View Post
It really doesn't matter though.. Do you realize how many of the Audience Download, stream or DVR RAW?
Not that many. About 100k DVR RAW every week. Not that many.
The-Rock-Says is offline  
post #818 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,223
Points: 0
           
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

o jebus, is this thread still running?
Dusty Roids is offline  
post #819 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
ratedR3:16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: middle earth
Posts: 2,034
Points: 0
           
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

no it was just funny

ratedR3:16 is offline  
post #820 of 833 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,704
Points: 0
                     
Re: Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
So the whole crux of the argument seems to be "Lawler didn't die, therefore its not as big a deal." I fail to see how that makes it OK, myself. If someone gets cancer and survives, does that suddenly mean its cool to rip on them?
No. It's "Lawler has nothing against it and gave his OK, maybe it was probably his idea". Therefore it's not as big a deal. Why should someone say "poor Jerry Lawler" when poor Jerry Lawler is fine with it. Just like last year when Michael Cole made fun of his dead mother who passed away just couple of days earlier and some months later both sit at the announce table and laugh together.

If I don't post here for weeks because of a heart attack and then make a thread in the rants section where I make fun of myself why should someone say "poor DualShock, that guy almost died and now we read this distasteful comments".
Why should the WF staff ban all users who laugh with me in this thread when I was the one who made that thread and encouraged other users to post this?
Look at the celebrity roasts on TV.

It's one thing when someone says that he dislikes these promos (but for some weird reason these are the same people who post in every third post how they want the AE back) but it's something completely different when someone posts that he disliked it because of poor Jerry when poor Jerry obviously doesn't give a fuck about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
The issue is-where do we draw the line? "Eddie is in Hell" was incredibly offensive because he died. Vickie probably gave the OK for the story. Why is that so bad but this isn't? At the same time, this plays off a real life situation. Katie Vick was totally made up, but that was also incredibly offensive. What are the parameters for what is and isn't offensive? Its all personal choice it seems, but are there guidelines for what is unanimously considered offensive?
Easy. I draw the line when the person is not involved in the storyline.
Kofi Kingston said that Evan Bourne had a motorcycle accident and broke every bone in his foot.
For me mocking Evan Bourne in WWE shows is worse than mocking Jerry Lawler.
Now, somebody will say "how in the blue hell can you compare a foot with a heart attack?"
Easy, nobody asked Bourne for approval and Jerry Lawler was probably that one who got the idea.
If Droz has an idea to appear in WWE shows and to be mocked by a heel, I would also have no problem with it.

People compare it with Owen Hart or Eddie Guerrero but that is just stupid because you can not compare it. Comparing it with Owen and Eddie is just an attempt to make it worse than it ist.

You say Vickie gave the OK but this is not the same, this was not a Vickie is in hell storyline, that was about Eddie.
If we could somehow talk with dead people and Eddie would say that he has no problems with it then I would be not offensive at all.

As for Katie Vick, this was not offensive at all. This was nothing more than a stupid storyline uncomfortable to watch it with friends and family. Nothing more than that. Stupid like Mae Young and the hand only less funny
DualShock is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome