There is no duty we so much underrate as... being happy. -Robert Louis Stevenson
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Trying to not look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet seeing her, like the sun, without even looking.
Re: Can we all agree that The Miz is nothing more than a Glorified Midcarder?
I guess everybody in WWE barring Cena is a midcarder because if you've watched the Raw and Smackdown the past few months, it's clear that WWE doesn't have a midcard.
On Raw, the M.O. is to skip through the midcard on your way to "bigger things." If you don't sell any merchandise and are only marginally over, it takes a while; if you are over and sell a lot of merchandise it takes about ten minutes. Ziggler becomes established in the midcard, eventually overpushed to main event. Zack Ryder becomes established in the midcard, immediately overpushed to the main event.
On Smackdown, Cody Rhodes is their one well-booked and promoted midcarder. They had to call in Booker T to have a midcard feud with him over the Intercontinental Championship.
Wade Barrett, meanwhile, seemed to go from being a jobber for guys like Sin Cara and Justin Gabriel before going on an out-of-nowhere "Barrett Barrage" against guys like Daniel Bryan for a couple of weeks before landing a plum feud with Randy Orton.
WWE needs a functional, viable midcard. They obviously can get by through Wrestlemania season without one, I guess, but it would be really swell if they started to establish one on each brand just a little bit this spring. Start actually establishing guys, cut some waste, slowly make a few wise call-ups.
WWE's currently like a third world dictatorship of a country where you have about 12% super-rich/connected "main-eventers" on the roster, about 87% irrelevant bottom-of-the-midcard-rung-and-below worker drones who nobody really cares about, have no direction, aren't given a chance to do much more and 1% genuinely strong middle class, comfortable-but-not-rich midcarder (Cody Rhodes). So we have a bunch of guys in the vague main event sphere from Sheamus this past fall to Miz right now who are all deemed "too big" to take on those second-class midcard championships but are just barely clinging to the main event level out of WWE's protection due to them being over. And then there are guys like Justin Gabriel or Yoshi Tatsu or Ted DiBiase who aren't seen to be on the level of Cody Rhodes over on Smackdown because they've yet to be established within the midcard because there's nobody to go over except guys beneath them.
I do not know a thing about Hearthstone yet but I Thank the Incomparable Queen of Love and Beauty AryaDark/LadyCroft for Her Wonderful Creations, my Avi and Sig