**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 895 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Debate League, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?
Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8941 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,024
Points: 3
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
Ah I see, it was Punk with that gain not a 2 time hall of famer Ric Flair.
I imagine if it was down it would be Flairs fault too right? Think I'm starting to understand how this works....
I'd rather think it was a case of people saying "Hey, Flair and Punk. They could have a pretty great segment together." That seems to me both likely, and a fairly constructive way of interpreting things. Certainly preferable to getting into a ceaseless, petty game of one-upmanship.



Mister Hands is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8942 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 15,021
Points: 1,595
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
Ah I see, it was Punk with that gain not a 2 time hall of famer Ric Flair.
I imagine if it was down it would be Flairs fault too right? Think I'm starting to understand how this works....
Funny you bring this up, when only one poster (who I'm assuming is just trolling the Punk haters) said/called anything like that. Why not also poke fun at this one post while you're at it? (I believe this was also a troll post as well, but still to the point):

Quote:
Lets just ignore that there were 5 other guys there. Also add in the fact that Ryback gained over 100 thousand viewers in his match with Cesaro later in the night.
I mean, he's basically giving credit to Ryback for a gain HHH was a part of. And before you say Punk marks have been claiming ratings are up thanks to him/segments are up thanks to him, Ryback has gotten that treatment a lot more, whether justified or not.

I'm watching you...



#BadNewsSanta is offline  
post #8943 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
TheF1BOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK, England
Posts: 2,376
Points: 3
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Flair brought the viewers. Punk just in the right place, at the right time.

TheF1BOB is offline  
post #8944 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,818
Points: 87
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
That's correct, of course. However, this can not be the excuse for bad ratings the rest of the year. If they put on good shows from April-December, the ratings could stay the same, if not get better.

From 97-02, the ratings went up after Mania.
Pretty sure that is not true for 2002, as the name change sent ratings dropping.
D.M.N. is offline  
post #8945 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,101
Points: 443
               
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Flair wasn't advertized and was a surprise guest host, so how did he bring the viewers if the viewers didn't even know he'd be there?
Bossdude is offline  
post #8946 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,539
Points: 0
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdude View Post
Flair wasn't advertized and was a surprise guest host, so how did he bring the viewers if the viewers didn't even know he'd be there?
I thought the exact same thing.

Only thing I could possibly think is that they played his little "woo" before the break in hope that people on twitter would get talking and some extra viewers would tune in because they heard Flair would be on TV, but I doubt it.
Cookie Monster is offline  
post #8947 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 15,021
Points: 1,595
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Flair was on more than long enough to have it spread that he had returned and get people to tune in. I do credit Flair for the far majority of the reason that segment gained so much. It was the biggest 9PM gain in a while.

I'm watching you...



#BadNewsSanta is offline  
post #8948 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
SerapisLiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Abydos, Egypt
Posts: 369
Points: 24
           
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Hmmm... Flair's still a big ratings draw, even when unannounced, eh? I'm glad he was able to pull TNA out of the 1s zone.

Oh... wait...

Last edited by SerapisLiber; 12-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.
SerapisLiber is offline  
post #8949 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
LovelyElle890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Posts: 709
Points: 12
                 
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Punk fans are hilarious.

Punk appears in another segment with a legend = Look at that 500k plus gain Punk had!!

Punk appears with a wrestler from this Era = Why the hell did they have to stick Punk with this ratings vacuum?!

I admire your conviction in your God. Still not as devout as us Itachi fans though, but bless your hearts for trying.

Oh yeah and the usual Yata Mirror tanks your argument and Totsuka Sword to blitz, GG.


LovelyElle890 is offline  
post #8950 of 9175 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,376
Points: 235
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
No doubt there's no full-time draws left anymore (not even Cena) but saying Punk is NOT a factor in them going down when he has the spotlight for a large portion of the show is just being in denial. He may not drive away viewers single handedly but he doesn't help anything whatsoever. It's the overall viewership that matters, not who gains from the already present fans. Obviously Punk is going to gain viewers weekly since he actually gets character/story development in reliable spots with legends that make one-off appearances while Alberto del Rio vs Zack Ryder Part 315081835 will lose viewers because it's a pointless squash match with two lengthy commercial breaks surrounding it.
Solid post.

The way a lot of people are defending Punk's numbers are the kinds of arguments you use to defend a midcard wrestler's impact on the ratings, NOT a 400+ day reigning WWE champion who's getting tons of mic time, and a very large portion of the total story development each week.

This is why Punk needs to be blamed most. It's a fact that's going over a lot of people's heads for some reason. It doesn't matter if his segments don't lose viewers (or many viewers) or even gain a bit after the previous segment tanked in viewership. His segments aren't interesting enough for peple to stick around in anticipation of something exciting happening that they don't want to miss. That's the job of people who are getting most of the air time and significant story development.

Mid-carder ratings logic can only take the argument so far before you just start thinking about how he's just barely keeping his own segments above the falling ratings for the rest of the show. How can you possibly look at that and actually defend it as a good thing? Compared to the first half of the year (rather than the rest of the show each night), Punk's segments are also getting shitty ratings.
SinJackal is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome