**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 818 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?
Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8171 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 04:57 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,464
Points: 553
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lady Killer View Post
Yeah, I agree w/Starbuck. Anyone who still truly believes that Punk can draw is delusional beyond repair. Please don't try to throw random numbers at me for segments that drew better than the rest of the garbage on the show. Chocolate covered shit is still shit.
What are you talking about? My posts are really going downhill, remember?


Starbuck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8172 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 04:58 PM
DIRK
 
The Lady Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,335
Points: 3
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Oh fuck, my bad. I've been MIA for a week so I completely forgot to never agree w/anything you say. You're an awful poster and your opinions are shit.

PUNK = RATINGS KING





Credit: A$AP

Last edited by The Lady Killer; 11-29-2012 at 05:01 PM.
The Lady Killer is offline  
post #8173 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,464
Points: 553
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lady Killer View Post
Oh fuck, my bad. I've been MIA for a week so I completely forgot to never agree w/anything you say. You're an awful poster and your opinions are shit


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lady Killer View Post
PUNK = RATINGS KING

Starbuck is offline  
post #8174 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ChickMagnet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 910
Points: 0
           
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I really don't understand this thread.


My own opinion is that the brand itself draws, but I still come in here to see the breakdowns out of curiosity. I don't understand why if Punk is a draw or not is such a heated debate. I like the guy's work either way and have been a fan since the Hardy feud, others hate him and that's all well and good. Each to their own. I don't see what proving he is a draw or not will achieve, this thread has the same argument every week and it goes nowhere until the next breakdown where even if Punk gains 1m viewers or has a low overrun, its still the fucking same cretin fanboys/haters arguing the same thing.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
you guys are losers, i cant believe you actually watch wrestling

i just sit at home and watch the tickets being sold off the ticketmaster website to see whos drawing

sometimes if the show is in town, i feel extra daring and go to the arena and watch them sell tickets IN PERSON

other day i started jerking off in the ticket both at all that DRAWING and had to be escorted out of the arena

Last edited by ChickMagnet12; 11-29-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo
ChickMagnet12 is offline  
post #8175 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Working on my abs
 
The Cynical Miracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: u.k
Posts: 2,997
Points: 0
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

No one draws ratings on the roster except Cena and even he doesn't draw ratings that well anymore. What else is there to talk about?

The Cynical Miracle is offline  
post #8176 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,464
Points: 553
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
No one draws ratings on the roster except Cena and even he doesn't draw ratings that well anymore. What else is there to talk about?
Talking? MOAR LIK HEETED DBATEZ DURR

Starbuck is offline  
post #8177 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,718
Points: 680
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

So Punk/Kane ended up doing the lowest? 2.3? If true, that's brutal. It's strange, because Punk always used to have respectable numbers for his segments compared to the average rating, but I think he's been becoming even less of a draw as his heel run continues. For example a year ago a Punk/Cena match would gain a million viewers, but just a couple of weeks ago it got less than half of that. Earlier this year Punk and Kane had matches that did average numbers in the 10PM slot, but now in the last segment/overrun they're doing well below average. I didn't give it much thought before, but that report about how the whole Punk and Heyman making fun of Lawler's heart attack turning people off from Punk may not be entirely off the ball, because since then his numbers have been very weak.

It sucks, but with past few weeks in mind I think Punk is not just not doing anything to help the ratings, but he's actually hurting them. With what I said above, I also think when he turned heel it hurt his popularity as well. He was easily the second biggest face in the company and kids were really catching onto him as a second to Cena, and of course he always had the teen/adult male audience on his side. Turning him heel, while making him more entertaining than what he was as a generic face to me and perhaps his core fanbase, turned the casuals and kids off from him.

He should still be able to sell title matches on PPV on the fact he's been champ for over a year and he's the heel people want to see lose the title, and he'd maybe even be able to draw in more than normal if he actually defended his title (like if he defended it against Kane this week I'm sure the number wouldn't have been anywhere near as low), but as far as general appeal on his name alone, it's been deteriorating since his heel turn and as I said before, with his mocking of Lawler's heart attack with Heyman, it's been completely wiped out and now casuals just plain don't want to see him.

Punk should still keep the title till Royal Rumble of course since Punk/Rock is what they've been building up for months, and I still do believe despite his negative appeal it wouldn't hurt to keep the strap on him till Mania since there will be Rock, Lesnar, and Taker/HHH to balance things out if they want Ryback to be the one to take the title off Punk.

But yeah, that's my thoughts on that for the 0 of you that care.

Edit: One other reason I'm leaning towards the numbers being on Punk this week if the 2.3 number is true is because besides Ryback in the overrun (if you count him), he was the only big star in the third hour and the number declined very sharply. I'm not sure there's ever been a fall that big from hour 2 to hour 3 since the 3rd hour stuff started.

I'm watching you...




Last edited by #BadNewsSanta; 11-29-2012 at 05:27 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is offline  
post #8178 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,409
Points: 141
               
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickMagnet12 View Post
I really don't understand this thread.

My own opinion is that the brand itself draws, but I still come in here to see the breakdowns out of curiosity. I don't understand why if Punk is a draw or not is such a heated debate. I like the guy's work either way and have been a fan since the Hardy feud, others hate him and that's all well and good. Each to their own. I don't see what proving he is a draw or not will achieve, this thread has the same argument every week and it goes nowhere until the next breakdown where even if Punk gains 1m viewers or has a low overrun, its still the fucking same cretin fanboys/haters arguing the same thing.
Its quite clear that punk is no draw but he isnt a ratings killer either. Kind of ridiculous to blame the rating of a 3hour show on one man but whatever. As far as I am concerned he is either hit or miss and the times he gains its nothing spectacular but well yeah.. The Show itself is horrible. 3hours are too long and even Cena has only a lil bit left of his drawing power. They are just lazy with booking and write show to show without trying till the Rock appears.

And if they dont start booking thing correctly when the rock is there i see ratings declining again even with the rock since rock wont be gaining 3million viewers to save the show. He didnt in his feud against Cena which was horrible btw and and he wont now.

Just make everything interesting so people watch the whole show and not just the rock parts. And fucking return to 2hours. I thought they would try using that time for showcasing the talent they have, giving them more mic time and shit but thats probably too much for them...

Anyone knows when the breakdown is out?

Edit: If that number is true about the match with kane... BIG OUCH


Last edited by #1Peep4ever; 11-29-2012 at 05:29 PM.
#1Peep4ever is offline  
post #8179 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ChickMagnet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 910
Points: 0
           
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Talking? MOAR LIK HEETED DBATEZ DURR






Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
you guys are losers, i cant believe you actually watch wrestling

i just sit at home and watch the tickets being sold off the ticketmaster website to see whos drawing

sometimes if the show is in town, i feel extra daring and go to the arena and watch them sell tickets IN PERSON

other day i started jerking off in the ticket both at all that DRAWING and had to be escorted out of the arena

Last edited by ChickMagnet12; 11-29-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: I prefer Sandow, because it's Sandow.
ChickMagnet12 is offline  
post #8180 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:45 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Kabraxal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,642
Points: 5,134
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
So Punk/Kane ended up doing the lowest? 2.3? If true, that's brutal. It's strange, because Punk always used to have respectable numbers for his segments compared to the average rating, but I think he's been becoming even less of a draw as his heel run continues. For example a year ago a Punk/Cena match would gain a million viewers, but just a couple of weeks ago it got less than half of that. Earlier this year Punk and Kane had matches that did average numbers in the 10PM slot, but now in the last segment/overrun they're doing well below average. I didn't give it much thought before, but that report about how the whole Punk and Heyman making fun of Lawler's heart attack turning people off from Punk may not be entirely off the ball, because since then his numbers have been very weak.

It sucks, but with past few weeks in mind I think Punk is not just not doing anything to help the ratings, but he's actually hurting them. With what I said above, I also think when he turned heel it hurt his popularity as well. He was easily the second biggest face in the company and kids were really catching onto him as a second to Cena, and of course he always had the teen/adult male audience on his side. Turning him heel, while making him more entertaining than what he was as a generic face to me and perhaps his core fanbase, turned the casuals and kids off from him.

He should still be able to sell title matches on PPV on the fact he's been champ for over a year and he's the heel people want to see lose the title, and he'd maybe even be able to draw in more than normal if he actually defended his title (like if he defended it against Kane this week I'm sure the number wouldn't have been anywhere near as low), but as far as general appeal on his name alone, it's been deteriorating since his heel turn and as I said before, with his mocking of Lawler's heart attack with Heyman, it's been completely wiped out and now casuals just plain don't want to see him.

Punk should still keep the title till Royal Rumble of course since Punk/Rock is what they've been building up for months, and I still do believe despite his negative appeal it wouldn't hurt to keep the strap on him till Mania since there will be Rock, Lesnar, and Taker/HHH to balance things out if they want Ryback to be the one to take the title off Punk.

But yeah, that's my thoughts on that for the 0 of you that care.

Edit: One other reason I'm leaning towards the numbers being on Punk this week if the 2.3 number is true is because besides Ryback in the overrun (if you count him), he was the only big star in the third hour and the number declined very sharply. I'm not sure there's ever been a fall that big from hour 2 to hour 3 since the 3rd hour stuff started.
I think it is more with a rather directionless feel to his reign hurting him more than the Lawler incident. I'm a fan of Punk, but I'll admit to tuning out lately. I have no interest in whiny/cowardly heel number 422 going against Ryback of all people. Doesn't do anything for me. Just don't really care.

Which is not just a problem for Punk... it's for the whole WWE. I don't really give a damn about almost anything. Nothing feels important. Nothing feels like it's happening. it all just seems like the WWE is spinning it's wheel in the mud and I'm just getting splattered with it... so I start tuning out. And I'm a hardcore wrestling fanatic... you get us not to care and you have a serious serious problem with your product. Because if actual wrestling fans leave... then you'll have no one left when the casual inevitably stops watching. Which is exactly what we are seeing... McMahon has shit on real wrestling fans in order to be an entertainment company with some wrestling geared, seemingly, towards children. But none of those casuals he so desperately wants can be counted on to stay around. So you have ratings just plummeting lower and lower because his product ends up appealing to no one.

And it's all his fault... he was the idiot that tried to appeal to a different demographic than the one that has always been there for wrestling.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Ultimate Warrior... happy you got to be recognised as the legend you are before you went. Rest in peace


Raw is like watching Dexter's finale every week... why did I do that to myself for so long?
Kabraxal is online now  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome