**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 527 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?
Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5261 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 AM
In Jericho, we trust
 
-Skullbone-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: G'day!
Posts: 2,174
Points: 0
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickMagnet12 View Post
WWE have gave Punk a great year? Sure hes been the champ, but hes played 2nd or even 3rd (wrestlemania) fiddle in terms of storylines. Even when he won the title at Survivor Series, the Cena/Rock tag team match was billed as more important.

It was only around October last year (after Punk had came to prominence) that the haters started growing for Punk in droves. It always happens when a IWC underdog gets his time around the main event, hes turned on (Ryder earlier this year and now Bryan). People start looking for excuses to bash him.
While I certainly agree that WWE have not made their main title and Punk (as well as when put together) the hot commodities they should've, that number is worrisome (especially with Show in there). Even if I'm of the belief that Cena is one key reason why little else matters in most fans minds the overall reception to Punk and this long reign is spotty when put under the spotlight. We'll see if he can attract some more interest when some further tweaks are added into his character though.

I've also got to add this: the guy brings all this smart fan hatred and disdain on himself for being a knucklehead. Being the real-life dweeb that he gives the impression he is I can't say he doesn't deserve having the boots laid into him even if those people don't matter in the great scheme of things (him replying to them at times is quite funny).
-Skullbone- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5262 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
BrosOfDestruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,368
Points: 96
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

LITTLE JIMMY = DRAW.

BrosOfDestruction is offline  
post #5263 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,730
Points: 716
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Punk the past couple of weeks has done okay in the opening slot. What's the difference this week? This week he was in a match (last week he was in a match after Q1 if I recall). But even then, the angle has been turned to shit, and it's proof in the fact all three men in the triple threat plus Daniel Bryan couldn't pull in at least a 3.0. The whole compelling thing about Punk/Cena in the first place was Punk's heel turn. However once again he's been put in the backseat of the feud and they added Big Show into the mix. That being said it's not good at all this Raw opened the lowest in months, but WWE gets what they give. They give shit, they get a shit amount of viewers. I don't know about everyone else, but I certainly didn't care to see Punk/Show.

As far as Punk/Show getting promoted, I remember hearing about it maybe once in the last week. They got about as much promotion as HHH/Lesnar did last week.

As far as Lesnar/HHH/HBK/Heyman goes, no matter how shit the angle is, with that starpower it's going to draw big when advertised. As expected, it did. Even in a random quarter hour it does well, and then the overrun gains 800,000+ viewers, second only to the Cena/Show with Punk on commentary from a couple of weeks ago since moving to three hours.

But yeah, not good for the go home show, but as someone else pointed out last year's go-home show did pretty poorly as well for Summerslam. Next week will be interesting. I'm fully expecting Cena to become WWE Champion at Summerslam, and if so it will be very interesting if that brings in viewers. We also have the fallout of Lesnar/HHH, which hopefully will be more than just a video package, but if the two destroy eachother that's all we'll get.

I'm watching you...




Last edited by #BadNewsSanta; 08-16-2012 at 02:18 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is offline  
post #5264 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:18 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Kabraxal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,716
Points: 5,405
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

It's really simple why Raw is dipping this low again... people gave the WWE a chance with 1000th and gave it a few eppies to see what happened. Turned out it was more of the same bad booking and idiotic casual grabbing shit. Many wrestling fans are tuning out of this entertainment product McMahon wants... too bad he doesn't realise it is BAD entertainment.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Ultimate Warrior... happy you got to be recognised as the legend you are before you went. Rest in peace


Raw is like watching Dexter's finale every week... why did I do that to myself for so long?
Kabraxal is offline  
post #5265 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
kokepepsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,600
Points: 404
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Damn was hoping to see a Rock316ae post burying PUnk for that opener rating

Betcha 50 bucks if it had done well he would have credited it to another Big Show Oscar winning performance.

LOL at that 10pm gain.

kokepepsi is offline  
post #5266 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,730
Points: 716
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Also, went back the last couple of weeks and noticed something:

1) Last week, Lesnar/HHH was at a 3.45 rating, where this week was 3.44. Not sure how close the viewership was for each, but we can assume they've been able to keep everyone interested with the tease when Lesnar said "I'll see you before Summerslam" to HBK.

2) The 10PM slot hasn't had a huge gain since moving to 3 hours. HHH/Lesnar from Raw 1000 gained like 90,000 (granted on top of 300,000 from the quarter before it with Heyman/Steph/HHH). A tag match on Raw 1001 gained 50,000. Raw 1002 with another Lesnar/HHH segment gained a little over 200,000. So this week at the very least, falls in the line with the gains, but I'm not sure how many viewers each segment got, so can't really comment on that, but I do know the Lesnar/HHH segment from last week was the highest of the night. And on Raw 1,000, pretty much everything gained aside from a couple of segments.

I'm watching you...



#BadNewsSanta is offline  
post #5267 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
N-destroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 779
Points: 0
   
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obis View Post
Punk the past couple of weeks has done okay in the opening slot. What's the difference this week? This week he was in a match (last week he was in a match after Q1 if I recall). But even then, the angle has been turned to shit, and it's proof in the fact all three men in the triple threat plus Daniel Bryan couldn't pull in at least a 3.0. The whole compelling thing about Punk/Cena in the first place was Punk's heel turn. However once again he's been put in the backseat of the feud and they added Big Show into the mix. That being said it's not good at all this Raw opened the lowest in months, but WWE gets what they give. They give shit, they get a shit amount of viewers. I don't know about everyone else, but I certainly didn't care to see Punk/Show.
Thats not true, Punk has been booked well in this three way feud.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Obis View Post
Also, went back the last couple of weeks and noticed something:

1) Last week, Lesnar/HHH was at a 3.45 rating, where this week was 3.44. Not sure how close the viewership was for each, but we can assume they've been able to keep everyone interested with the tease when Lesnar said "I'll see you before Summerslam" to HBK.

2) The 10PM slot hasn't had a huge gain since moving to 3 hours. HHH/Lesnar from Raw 1000 gained like 90,000 (granted on top of 300,000 from the quarter before it with Heyman/Steph/HHH). A tag match on Raw 1001 gained 50,000. Raw 1002 with another Lesnar/HHH segment gained a little over 200,000. So this week at the very least, falls in the line with the gains, but I'm not sure how many viewers each segment got, so can't really comment on that, but I do know the Lesnar/HHH segment from last week was the highest of the night. And on Raw 1,000, pretty much everything gained aside from a couple of segments.
I dont think you can really compare RAW 1000 numbers though, because viewers were already large and consistent throughout the show. Gain will be very little when that happens, even the Overrun that night with Rock/Cena gained only 300K IIRC.
N-destroy is offline  
post #5268 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,814
Points: 973
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
That right there is all the proof you need. Even after a week long promotion through social media and other means, the WWE CHAMPION draws THE LOWEST QUARTER OF THE ENTIRE YEAR(I'm pretty sure it is). Hell even Ryback/JTG outdrew him by gaining 63,000 viewers over the shitty first quarter. Ryback is becoming a big TV draw.

I still dont understand WHY CM PUNK DESERVES TO BE THE LONGEST REIGNING CHAMPION IN YEARS? He clearly does not draw. What else has he done to deserve this massive push? Suck on Vince Mcmahon/Triple H's dick backstage? It use to be when the prestigious title was given only to the wrestler who could draw fans in thousands, when the wrestlers actually earned the title but now punk has completely killed the credibility of the championship.
Oh man, I love people like you who open their mouths without having the least idea of what they're talking about.

That 2.60 quarter hour is NOT the lowest of the year. Have a gander at this:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...53256/cm-punk/

Memorial Day Raw

Quote:
In the segment breakdown, Santino Marella vs. Alberto Del Rio lost 733,000 viewers from the opener, which is very bad for that spot in the show. That did a low 2.52 quarter-hour rating. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger gained 67,000 viewers while a segment with John Laurinaitis and CM Punk for WWE '13 gained 356,000 viewers.

Punk vs. Daniel Bryan lost 30,000 viewers for a 2.79 quarter-hour rating in the 10pm timeslot - which is a bad number for that point in the show. The post-match segment with Kane plus The Miz vs. Christian lost 13,000 more viewers.

A backstage segment with Laurinaitis, Eve Torres, Teddy Long and David Otunga plus an interview with The Miz and John Cena's Memorial Day video lost 342,000 viewers for a 2.53 quarter-hour rating. Sheamus vs. David Otunga gained 116,000 viewers. The final segment of the night where Big Show took out R-Truth, Kingston and Brodus Clay gained 436,000 viewers and did a 2.91 overrun rating.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz23jeaTqxL
Backed up by Meltzer.

Oh and here's another:

http://www.wwemafia.com/2012/04/drun...ck-around.html

Go home show to Extreme Rules

Quote:
In the segment breakdown, the opener with John Cena, Edge and the contract signing that never happened started the show with a low 2.50 quarter-rating. Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston lost 73,000 viewers from the opener while Jericho’s promo, Brock Lesnar & CM Punk videos plus the segment with Eve Torres and John Laurinaitis gained 52,000 viewers. Lord Tensai vs. R-Truth lost 3,000 viewers. Kane’s segment and Randy Orton putting Paul Bearer into the freezer gained 865,000 viewers – which were the WWE fans tuning into RAW at the normal time of 9pm EST.

Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes vs. The Great Khali and Big Show gained 195,000 viewers while the backstage segment with Jericho, Laurinaitis, Eve and Teddy Long talking about CM Punk being drunk lost 112,000 viewers. Nikki Bella winning the Divas Title from Beth Phoenix gained 437,000 viewers, which can be seen as a big surprise. The field sobriety test in the ring with CM Punk gained 270,000 viewers to a 3.63 quarter-rating, which is one of the best quarters in a while.
Wow, would you look at that. A segment featuring EDGE and JOHN CENA, the WWE's golden boy, drew a 2.50 quarter hour. Why, the 2.60 Punk and Big Show drew looks like Wrestlemania 3 in comparison. And what's that...why I do believe Punk and Jericho drew a 3.63 quarter hour rating, which was one of the best in a while at that point in time. Well what do you know?

Want more facts? Fatal Four Way, the PPV in 2010 drew 143,000 buys. The main event? Sheamus vs Cena vs Edge vs Orton. No PPV Punk has headlined has drawn that low. In fact, the next lowest buyrate I found was Vengeance 2011 with 121,000. The main event? John Cena vs ADR.

So if Punk is this giant ratings drain, how is it that 2 segments featuring John Cena drew even lower than this one with Punk, which you incorrectly claimed was the lowest of the year? And how is it that 2 of the lowest grossing PPVs have been main evented by people all other than Punk, and at times when Punk wasn't even the champion? You obviously follow the ratings to a T. Your logic stipulates that John Cena is actually a ratings drain as well. There's the proof above. At the same time, Punk is not. So in the face of proof, I'm guessing you're still going to dismiss it and claim Punk is this scourge. This means that you're not only blind, but stubborn as well. You're a biased individual who simply doesn't like CM Punk for one reason or another. Thus, you will shun logic and proof that speaks contrary to your opinion in order to prove to yourself more than anyone that you're right. Its actually really pathetic, and makes everything you say come across as nothing more than verbal diarrhea.

Oh and in case you also haven't clued into another fact, the WWE title stopped being given to wrestlers who were proven they could draw a long time ago. Sheamus, Miz...hell, look at Dull Rio's 2 terrible reigns in the fall.



#1 Heel in the Industry Today
KO Bossy is offline  
post #5269 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Plotting time travel mission.
 
Chicago Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Future Chicago that is run by Sentinels.
Posts: 8,614
Points: 9
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokepepsi View Post
Damn was hoping to see a Rock316ae post burying PUnk for that opener rating

Betcha 50 bucks if it had done well he would have credited it to another Big Show Oscar winning performance.

LOL at that 10pm gain.
Wait, is he banned?


By poster posse
Chicago Warrior is offline  
post #5270 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,730
Points: 716
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-destroy View Post
Thats not true, Punk has been booked well in this three way feud.
He's been booked well, but he hasn't been the star of the feud. Cena is still the one who gets the main events and the feuds last couple of weeks has felt more about him, or at least just as much about him as Punk.




Quote:
I dont think you can really compare RAW 1000 numbers though, because viewers were already large and consistent throughout the show. Gain will be very little when that happens, even the Overrun that night with Rock/Cena gained only 300K IIRC.
While true, I was just making a point the 10PM slot this week had an average gain when compared to the rest of the three hour shows. Hell, even two hour Raws for pretty much the whole year have had an average of only 200-400 thousand viewers, with the only segments off the top of my mind gaining close to/above a million viewers were all the Taker/HBK/HHH segments from earlier this year. Besides that none off the top of my head gained quite as much in the 10pm slot.

Now granted, I'm talking about gains and not the amount of viewers. Even though the 10PM slot may have been an average gain, the amount of viewers might be well below the average for these three hour Raws. I'm not sure though.

I'm watching you...



#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome