Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else? - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Debate League, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,800
Points: 903
               
Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

Let me start by saying:

I am one of the BIGGEST Rock fans. Never bashed him when he was in holywood...love his movies for the most part...TOTALLY marked out when he returned on Feb 14th...prolly spent HOURS and HOURS youtubi'ing all kinds of Rock classic moments in the weeks leading up to mania, over and over...


However. It seems as though WWE is trying to push Rock down our throat's as a "people's hero", kinda a-la-John Cena for the past 7yrs (which is exactly why people hate Cena now). In his speech on Raw last week, towards the beginning, when he first brought up "Team Bring It", he must have repeated that 15-20 times in a 1 minute time span, those words "Team Bring It". His whole "We The People say If you Smell..." and "We the people say The Millions" is kinda annoying...Rock is supposed to be Cocky as fuck, and not a bonified Boy Scout "leader of the people".

I know he's the people champ, and it's cool that he likes the fans, etc, but i just don't like the way he's portraying it. I feel as though a few more weeks/appearacnes like this, and he might end up getting the type of Heat that he got at the beginning of 2003/end 2002 when he first came back from Hollywood and people turned on him because he was "too cliche" of a babyface, and people chanted "You Sold Out" to him.


And in the Meantime...Cena...everyone hates Cena right? Yet, in the past few weeks against The Rock he's had a bid of an edge, and lo and behold i'm kinda digging it lol. I liked that he attacked The Rock first on Raw...his Promo on Raw was intense...he doesn't give a shit if the fans boo him/cheer him.


I guess what i'm saying is...if they continue to build this feud the way they are over the next few months, possibly culminating ni a Summerslam or Mania 28 match...I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Rock turning heel/Cena face at the rate this is going.

Anyone else agree? Please keep in mind this isn't a "Bashing Rock" thread...I absolutely love The Rock, i'm just saying at this rate we might be booing him soon.
Bobholly39 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Calm down, IWC
 
The Boy Wonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,331
Points: 3,287
                     
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

Good thread. I love The Rock as well. His outfit last night was bad ass (I hope it didn't offend anyone! )

But Rock is a bit outdated. His return and his actions last night were too forced. I agree that if they build towards a Rock-Cena feud the fans, not all, will get behind Cena (slowly).

Hey Smarks, You MAD?
The Boy Wonder is offline  
post #3 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,205
Points: 0
                     
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

He was supposed to get the fans excited and pumped for the start of the show, and that he did.
Shazayum is offline  
post #4 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,353
Points: 84
                     
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

Alot of this has to be on the state of the company. This is how Rock would be in todays era. It just wouldn't work full time. I am so glad Rock is no longer active and around all the time in todays era, as threads like these (not bashing you), constant whining and so on would be coming rapidly. I do admit that Rock's value overall was much better before he even came back and this feud has took alot of his value away. Granted, all of that will come back when he bows out again, and Im honestly ready for that to happen. I rather remember Rock for the legend that he is and the dedication he gave when it was his time. He just doesn't fit in today. He came back, hes doing what he can to help out these days, but I am ready for him to take an Austin like role and just make appearances from here on out. If a match is brewing that is cool. I just want people to finally move on, respect whats hes done and drop it about him leaving and just let it go. BTW, Team Bring It is about 10 years old.

Last edited by WrestlingforEverII; 04-04-2011 at 07:16 AM.
WrestlingforEverII is offline  
post #5 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Calm down, IWC
 
The Boy Wonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,331
Points: 3,287
                     
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerLove View Post
He was supposed to get the fans excited and pumped for the start of the show, and that he did.
But the show ended in a thud. If Rock had inserted himself in the match and won the title it would have been an epic ending. Why they didn't go that route is mind boggling. I'm sorry, but doing his finisher(s) on Cena and Miz was a blah, flat feeling for me.

Hey Smarks, You MAD?
The Boy Wonder is offline  
post #6 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,205
Points: 0
                     
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
But the show ended in a thud. If Rock had inserted himself in the match and won the title it would have been an epic ending. Why they didn't go that route is mind boggling. I'm sorry, but doing his finisher(s) on Cena and Miz was a blah, flat feeling for me.
It's "mind boggling" to you? How about this: it doesn't make any SENSE. First off, if they were to have the frickin' ROCK in the main event match at Mania, they would have hyped the shit out of it BEFOREHAND. Secondly, do you realize how fucked up it is to have the Rock win a title when 1. he hasn't wrestled in 7 years, and 2. he isn't even going to be staying that long anyway?
Shazayum is offline  
post #7 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Fabregas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,152
Points: 567
                 
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobholly39 View Post
However. It seems as though WWE is trying to push Rock down our throat's as a "people's hero", kinda a-la-John Cena for the past 7yrs (which is exactly why people hate Cena now). In his speech on Raw last week, towards the beginning, when he first brought up "Team Bring It", he must have repeated that 15-20 times in a 1 minute time span, those words "Team Bring It". His whole "We The People say If you Smell..." and "We the people say The Millions" is kinda annoying...Rock is supposed to be Cocky as fuck, and not a bonified Boy Scout "leader of the people".

I know he's the people champ, and it's cool that he likes the fans, etc, but i just don't like the way he's portraying it. I feel as though a few more weeks/appearacnes like this, and he might end up getting the type of Heat that he got at the beginning of 2003/end 2002 when he first came back from Hollywood and people turned on him because he was "too cliche" of a babyface, and people chanted "You Sold Out" to him.
I completely agree with everything you said.

I am getting sick and tired of his 'leader of the people, sing with me bullshit as well'. It was much cooler when The Rock just came out and did his thing, and people knew when to sing along, it was also cooler when The Rock didn't scream everything.

The only good thing is that, because he has been away for so long you sort of forgive the cheesy, team bring it stuff and just enjoy the times when he says something funny.

I really don't see the fans turning though, because to be honest, the majority of RAW crowds are not full of smart fans and therefore they won't really care if Rock is getting stale, they will probably cheer anyway; besides, as long as he is feuding with the goofy nice guy cena, he will always get cheered, and furthermore, its highly unlikely he will be around long enough or consistently enough for people to turn on him.

"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri. You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that. You cannot pretend you are a big club. A big club holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take [players] away from you." - Arsene Wenger

Last edited by Fabregas; 04-04-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Fabregas is offline  
post #8 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,897
Points: 0
                     
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

I'll take The Rock over anybody else in WWE right now.
Dice Darwin is offline  
post #9 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Calm down, IWC
 
The Boy Wonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,331
Points: 3,287
                     
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerLove View Post
It's "mind boggling" to you? How about this: it doesn't make any SENSE. First off, if they were to have the frickin' ROCK in the main event match at Mania, they would have hyped the shit out of it BEFOREHAND. Secondly, do you realize how fucked up it is to have the Rock win a title when 1. he hasn't wrestled in 7 years, and 2. he isn't even going to be staying that long anyway?
I get what you're saying but it would have made for a better ending than what we got. At least it would have made the title look good, the fact that Rock would want to take it away from The Miz. They then could have turned it into an angle where Rock felt Miz was a disgrace/ and or not good enough to be WWE Champion.

My point is this: if Rock was going to be this involved in WM he could have wrestled Cena, or at least WWE could have made the match a Triple Threat. Being a "Guest Host" was like reaching towards the finish line but not crossing it -- almost there, but not quite.

Hey Smarks, You MAD?
The Boy Wonder is offline  
post #10 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 AM
The Tortilla Machine!
 
tariqs2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 132
Points: 0
 
Re: Getting Bored of The Rock. Anyone else?

He has been boring since he returned

If he had returned at WM27 and Rock Bottomed Cena that would have been AWESOME!!!!

But it was for sales that he came back a month before WM27 etc




'I AM THE GAME!' - I'M THAT DAMN GOOD!!
tariqs2 is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome