WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read) - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,185
PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000PhilThePain 1501 - 2000
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

What are you people talking about? Whichever WrestleMania just ended is the greatest of all time! Don't you listen to the announcers at the end of every WrestleMania and the next few Raws afterwards?
PhilThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
SAVE_US.222
 
*Eternity*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,500
*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000*Eternity* 1501 - 2000
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguda View Post
Can anyone tell me why did Wrestlemania XIX had a really low buyrate?
WrestleMania XIX suffered due to a lot of reasons.
  • It didn't have enough build up
  • Austin vs Rock had ran its course, to the point that people were tired of it.
  • The Undertaker's streak at this point wasn't a selling point, which is why he was booked in that awful match.
  • HHH vs Booker T wasn't a very strong Main Event.
  • Brock wasn't the draw that the company thought he was at the time.
  • Kurt Angle vs Brock wasn't a big money match.
  • Hogan vs Vince was the match that garnered the most hype of the show and was presented as the main attraction ''20 years in the making'' (which in hindsight was a bad idea).

IMO WrestleMania XIX had a card that looked good on paper (to a wrestling fan, but not a casual), but when you look at the actual show, it just felt very underwhelming, like the company didn't book it or hype it up to the best of it's ability. My biggest grudge with WrestleMania XIX however, was that it was the first and only WrestleMania where Hogan, Austin, Rock and HBK were on the same card, but for some reason, the company didn't feel the need to give us 2 dream matches in one night.

If Hogan vs Austin and HBK vs Rock would've occurred at WM XIX, then I firmly believe that it would have gone down as the BEST WrestleMania of All Time.
__________________
*Eternity* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
TheGMofGods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,966
TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Eternity* View Post
WrestleMania XIX suffered due to a lot of reasons.
  • It didn't have enough build up
  • Austin vs Rock had ran its course, to the point that people were tired of it.
  • The Undertaker's streak at this point wasn't a selling point, which is why he was booked in that awful match.
  • HHH vs Booker T wasn't a very strong Main Event.
  • Brock wasn't the draw that the company thought he was at the time.
  • Kurt Angle vs Brock wasn't a big money match.
  • Hogan vs Vince was the match that garnered the most hype of the show and was presented as the main attraction ''20 years in the making'' (which in hindsight was a bad idea).

IMO WrestleMania XIX had a card that looked good on paper (to a wrestling fan, but not a casual), but when you look at the actual show, it just felt very underwhelming, like the company didn't book it or hype it up to the best of it's ability. My biggest grudge with WrestleMania XIX however, was that it was the first and only WrestleMania where Hogan, Austin, Rock and HBK were on the same card, but for some reason, the company didn't feel the need to give us 2 dream matches in one night.

If Hogan vs Austin and HBK vs Rock would've occurred at WM XIX, then I firmly believe that it would have gone down as the BEST WrestleMania of All Time.
No, it really wouldn't have. You're forgetting why Wrestlemania 19 was so good to begin with.

And when looking at the actual show, it's anything but underwhelming. The matches for the most part delivered. What more could you want?
__________________

Credit for sig goes to myself...FOR BEING SO FUCKING AWESOME!
TheGMofGods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,605
Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor doom View Post
the biggest travesty about WMXIX was how Undertaker & Benoit were booked. Instead of being in their two pointless matches, I think the two should have had a feud. It would have been the absolute best and only opportunity for the two to do so. Benoit was mega hot after RR03 & Undertaker (despite me not liking him) was the Undertaker. it would have been a stiff great match.
They could've done that in WM22 too. At that time, Taker had finally started getting great in the ring consistently and Benoit was always on form. There, they were even wasted almost as badly as WM19.

It's a shame we never got this classic match in a big stage. Instead all we have now is a decent match in a UK pay-per-view and a triple threat with Angle from 2002.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
JAROTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,036
JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500JAROTO 1001 - 1500
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

Don't get me wrong WM19 was great...the only big let down was Taker's match. But WM17 was simply awesome!!! It was perfectly booked... and it marked the return of WM to a big stadium/dome since WM7. I LOVE this PPV....And I was there live
JAROTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
TheGMofGods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,966
TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

Still waiting to hear people's arguements about why Rock/Austin 2 was so great.
__________________

Credit for sig goes to myself...FOR BEING SO FUCKING AWESOME!
TheGMofGods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,735
GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

I have to ask the question. Were you watching the WWF during this time period? If you're younger and just watched it on DVD a year or 2 ago go you'll never get the differences between the 2 PPVs. I definitely see what you're saying and sort of agree but anticipation and hype are huge factors in wrestling and WrestleMania 17 was the finale to the Attitude Era. Most viewed WrestleMania of all time. 19 just felt like a mess.
GillbergReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
TheGMofGods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,966
TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
I have to ask the question. Were you watching the WWF during this time period? If you're younger and just watched it on DVD a year or 2 ago go you'll never get the differences between the 2 PPVs. I definitely see what you're saying and sort of agree but anticipation and hype are huge factors in wrestling and WrestleMania 17 was the finale to the Attitude Era. Most viewed WrestleMania of all time. 19 just felt like a mess.
None of this has anything to do with the wrestling aspect of it. And WM 17 did not happen during the Attitude Era since it ended after WCW was bought out by WWF. So if anything it was the beginning to a new era.

And how was 19 a mess?
__________________

Credit for sig goes to myself...FOR BEING SO FUCKING AWESOME!

Last edited by TheGMofGods : 10-09-2013 at 06:13 PM.
TheGMofGods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 233
ZBrillBladeTim 101 - 250ZBrillBladeTim 101 - 250
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

I prefer 19, so agree with the OP. Y2J/Shawn was brilliant. Angle/Lesnar and Rock/Austin were very good, and I really enjoy both Vince/Hogan and Trips/Booker. Rey/Matt was a fun, fast-paced opener. The Divas triple threat was the second best WM Divas match ever. The Tag Title match was fun. And Taker's match was perfectly watchable, imo. So, a great show. 17 was also great, but Rock/Austin didn't excite me that much, Triple H/Taker considerably less so. Hardcore triple threat is also over-rated. Can't go wrong with TLC II or Angle-Benoit. I liked Shane/Vince. Rest of the card was fine, but uninspiring. Jericho/Regal with another few minutes could have been really good as well.
ZBrillBladeTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
TheGMofGods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,966
TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000TheGMofGods 1501 - 2000
Default Re: WrestleMania 19: The greatest WrestleMania of all time? (long read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrillBladeTim View Post
I prefer 19, so agree with the OP. Y2J/Shawn was brilliant. Angle/Lesnar and Rock/Austin were very good, and I really enjoy both Vince/Hogan and Trips/Booker. Rey/Matt was a fun, fast-paced opener. The Divas triple threat was the second best WM Divas match ever. The Tag Title match was fun. And Taker's match was perfectly watchable, imo. So, a great show. 17 was also great, but Rock/Austin didn't excite me that much, Triple H/Taker considerably less so. Hardcore triple threat is also over-rated. Can't go wrong with TLC II or Angle-Benoit. I liked Shane/Vince. Rest of the card was fine, but uninspiring. Jericho/Regal with another few minutes could have been really good as well.
...out of curiosity, what was the first?
__________________

Credit for sig goes to myself...FOR BEING SO FUCKING AWESOME!
TheGMofGods is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios