Where is the Toronto love? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,315
Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRITLAND View Post
What an ignorant comment, seriously I'm just stating that you are all lucky enough to get all the past events unlike the rest of the globe, also what does this have to do with comparison? You should be happy with what you've got instead of complaining
How is it an ignorant comment? I'm just stating, it's not a fair comparison because UK fans are all the way across the ocean, while over 90% of Canadians live within a certain distance of the US border, which may as well basically be a more north part of New York or whatever else is near the border. Toronto is a big market and easily accessible to them. It's ridiculous that we haven't gotten a pay-per-view for like what 7 years now?
Childish Mikino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
T-Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 482
T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Church View Post
The what chants are stupid and have been for a decade now. Those are everywhere though and not in a particular area. Yes chants are good because they show approval for something. You screwed Bret.never had any point other than being marks for a guy who willingly left the company. Then you guys continued to pay to attend events to do that stupid chant. You are from there though so you are going to defend your own crowd.
Ok so you're mad because the crowd is active and enjoying themselves and making a wicked atmosphere instead of some of the dead crowds elsewhere? You'd seriously rather watch some dead crowd of 10,000 people in I dunno, Wisconsin than a rawkus crowd in Toronto? I'm guessing you don't like Ryback, right? So would you say the crowd after WM was shit for cheering him and chanting "feed me more"? That was the best crowd of the year by far because of all the random chants.

I'm not defending the crowd because it's Toronto, I'm defending it because the track record speaks for itself. The biggest non-PPV ever, the biggest Raw ever, 2 WrestleMania's with over 67,000 fans, and consistantly enthusiastic crowds. How on earth could you call any city like that a bad wrestling crowd?

74,000 - The Big Event (1986) (still to this date the biggest non-PPV attendance for WWF ever)
67,000 - WrestleMania 6 (1990)
25,000 - Monday Night Raw (Jan. 31, 1997)
43,000 - Monday Night Raw (Feb 8th 1999) (still to this date the biggest Raw in history)
68,000 - WrestleMania X8 (2002) (highest grossing live event in the companies history at the time... despite a Canadian dollar worth only 65 cents US at the time [take note Alim])

If you've ever watched a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game, you'll see we have terrible live crowds. Now that's mainly due to the arena being half full with corporate suits who gets comped ticked and "real fans" can't get their hands on tix, but the point is I'll be the first to say that there's much better hockey crowds than Toronto.. Montreal, Detroit, Calgary, etc. But that's another story.

But anyways, you'll be glad to know the heel crowds have seemed to disappear and the new kayfabe generation crowd has replaced them. A friend of mine was at Raw a few weeks back and he said he was shocked how many marks that were there who were getting mad at him for cheering Heyman and other heels.

P.S. here's a little retro clip of Toronto booing The (face) Rock for doing the Sharpshooter

http://youtu.be/K0_0GhNQxxY?t=8m52s
__________________
- What's past is prologue.
T-Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
T-Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 482
T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000T-Viper 501 - 1000
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoove View Post
What does the currency conversion have to do with increased taxes?
What taxes are you referring to? Sales taxes in Canada were 15% in 2002, and 13% now in 2013. If you made $1,000,000 Canadian in 2002 that would only be $625,000 US. If you made $1,000,000 in 2013 it would be almost equal. So obviously you're making a hell of a lot more running a show now in Canada than you would have 10 years ago.

WrestleMania X7 in Houston and X8 in Toronto drew virtually identical numbers. Yet despite a 62.5c Canadian dollar, X8 still made more money than X7. So what does that tell you? The cost of goods in Canada are also generally 20% higher than the exact same item in the US. So any extra money given back in taxes is likely covered by the increased cost of tickets, merchandise, etc. vs. a US show.

WWE officials announced an attendance record for Reliant Park of 67,925, resulting in gross receipts of $3.5 million.
http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2001/2001_04_02.1.jsp


Officials announced record-breaking attendance for SkyDome of 68,237, resulting in gross receipts of approximately CDN$6.1 million (US$3.9 million).
http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2002/2002_03_17.jsp


Despite any other taxes that might be levied, Toronto can still outdraw 80% of American cities less major markets like New York, Chicago, Detroit, L.A., etc. (and even then it can depend on the venue).

You've got PPV's drawing 10-12,000 fans. I don't know what kind of Fox News propaganda you guys believe if you think an event drawing 10,000 in the US makes more money than a 17,000+ event at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. Nobody's asking for even a PPV every year, but going for years on end without doing a PPV when you're running PPVs drawing 10,000 people doesn't make any sense.
__________________
- What's past is prologue.
T-Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
dxbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,224
dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501dxbender 7001 - 7501
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger_ROCKS View Post
Makes sense thou, WWE doesn't have much top Canadian talent anymore. If WWE had Roode, that would be amazing.
And the ones from Canada, WWE doesn't bill them from there. Not exactly top talent, but guys like Jinder and Santino are from Canada. Tyler Breeze is also from Canada.

Sami Zayn is from Canada(and is billed from there too)
__________________
dxbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #35 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,315
Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Sami Zayn for World Champ plz so we can have PPVs in Canadia
Childish Mikino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
SPICE/SWAG
 
swagger_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,601
swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Forgot about Sami hopefully WWE will make him a huge star just for sake. He's well on his way.
__________________

KARLA LOPEZ, THE HOTTEST MODEL/ACTRESS ALIVE. Sheamus, Swagger, Wade, Dixie, Cesaro, Sami, DB, RKO, Drew, Del Rio, Cody, Punk, AJ LEE / (STAY STRONG, JTG, AND DREW ) CHAMPviaDQ = Great GFX. GigiStar
swagger_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
1andOnlyDobz!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wales (Cymru)
Posts: 5,383
1andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 30001andOnlyDobz! 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Church View Post
It was shitty because it was his hometown. It had nothing to do with me not liking it when fans don't follow the face/heel line. I don't care if people don't follow the line. I just think it's shitty to boo a hometown guy who isn't a heel at the time.

Also even if you remove the small Edge portion they still had the awful you screwed Bret shit for over a decade. Canadian fans held a grudge so long HBK retired for four and a half years and they were still doing it when he came back. Hell it didn't stop until 2010 when Bret came back.
Yeah I'd be irritated by that too because it basically says the crowd only cheer heels for the sake of cheering heels or being intentionally opposite to American crowds, which is just stupid.

Having said that, Toronto crowd tends to be very loud and WWE have had great visits there so it's surprising that they haven't been there in ages. I reckon it'll happen soon though. I think WWE are starting to value hyped crowds more and more since 2011.
__________________
1andOnlyDobz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,315
Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000Childish Mikino 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Nobody gets mad when Boston boos Cena though *shrug* just because your fave superstar gets boo'ed in their hometown city, doesn't make it a crappy city.
Childish Mikino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
SPICE/SWAG
 
swagger_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,601
swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
Nobody gets mad when Boston boos Cena though *shrug* just because your fave superstar gets boo'ed in their hometown city, doesn't make it a crappy city.
lol forgot about that. WWE's top star, and face the company.
__________________

KARLA LOPEZ, THE HOTTEST MODEL/ACTRESS ALIVE. Sheamus, Swagger, Wade, Dixie, Cesaro, Sami, DB, RKO, Drew, Del Rio, Cody, Punk, AJ LEE / (STAY STRONG, JTG, AND DREW ) CHAMPviaDQ = Great GFX. GigiStar
swagger_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #40 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,067
BRITLAND 251 - 500BRITLAND 251 - 500BRITLAND 251 - 500BRITLAND 251 - 500BRITLAND 251 - 500
Default Re: Where is the Toronto love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
How is it an ignorant comment? I'm just stating, it's not a fair comparison because UK fans are all the way across the ocean, while over 90% of Canadians live within a certain distance of the US border, which may as well basically be a more north part of New York or whatever else is near the border. Toronto is a big market and easily accessible to them. It's ridiculous that we haven't gotten a pay-per-view for like what 7 years now?
I meant the way you responded to me, anyway places like Mexico who have a massive wrestling culture don't get as much love as you lot and they're just south of the border, but I will agree with you on how WWE fails to live up to the first word of its name "world" since it's all about America

NWE or AWE would make fur sense for them
BRITLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios