Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Re: Who has had the best matches at Wrestlemania?
I think Shawn had more great matches than anyone at Wrestlemania.
- Bit of an underrated gem, but I think The Rockers Vs. Haku/Barbarian at VII is the best opener in Mania history behind Bret/Owen at X. Very good tag match.
- The Ladder Match at X
- His match with Austin at XIV was one of the biggest Mania main events ever without question.
- His return match with Jericho was awesome.
- The 3 Way at XX, I think, is arguably the greatest Main Event in Mania history.
- His match with Angle at 21 was a fantastic clash of styles.
- His match with Flair at XXIV was emotionally charged and executed extremely well.
- His two matches with Taker at XXV & XXVI were both awesome in ring displays.
And honestly, the only bad ones for Shawn I would say are Rockers Vs. Orient Express at VI which was surprisingly lifeless and his match with Diesel at XI which was kind of sloppy. Other than that, all the other matches I didn't list were at the very least, good. His match with Cena at 23 is by far Cena's Best Mania match for sure.
Savage had some AWESOME Mania matches. I am not doubting that at all. But I think by virtue of Shawn being around longer, he was able to have more classic Mania matches.
- His match with Steamboat at III was a game changer for wrestling.
- The ending to his match with DiBiase at IV was one of the great early Wrestlemania moments.
- His match at V with Hogan was the best Mania main event up to that point.
- His match with Warrior at VII was fan-fucking-tastic. Might be my personal favorite Mania match ever.
- and his match with Flair at VIII was awesome.
And the rest of his matches at Mania? They were good! Entertaining at least. But again, Shawn just had more of them by virtue of being there for much longer. So overall, I'd give the nod to Michaels, though Savage was the Michaels of the first decade of Wrestlemania. More often than not, he was having the best match regardless of what the main event was.
Last edited by TripleG; 02-07-2013 at 11:19 PM.