Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFETIME - Page 188 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Who will you be rooting for in the Rematch Of A Lifetime?
Rock 306 62.58%
Cena 183 37.42%
Voters: 489. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1871 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,758
Points: 0
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

The only reason I am wanting to see Rock vs Cena is to know whether Cena will turn heel or not.
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1872 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: India- Land of the Tiger
Posts: 1,932
Points: 1,195
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

Yes Cena's heel turn is the only thing that can make this 2wice in a lifetime feud memorable.However,I have a sneaky suspicion that the more we are clamouring for Cena's heel turn,the less chances of its happening is possible.

Cena will pin Rock clean by hitting three Attitude Adjustments and then Rock will shake his hand and the show ends with these two 'hugging it out' Dr. Shelby style,lol.

THE ROCK: The biggest star and draw of pro-wrestling industry EVER.

1. Holds the record of drawing most arenas with 10,000+ attendance on top in one calendar year. [Broke Hogan's(1986) and Austin's(1998) record in 1999 and set a record of headlining over 100 shows with 10,000 plus people in attendance in year 2000. A box-office drawing record that is unsurpassed till date.]

2. Holds the record of main-eventing almost 17 PPVs that have got over 500k buys. Over 80% of the PPVs he main-evented drew over 400k buys. As a PPV headliner no one is even close.

3. Drew the highest cable ratings during the AE(real quartely segments not over-run). Took ratings to heights never before seen in 2000.

4. Sold more merchandise than anyone active(Austin) between mid 1999-2001.
Boots2Asses is offline  
post #1873 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,758
Points: 0
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

Rock comes back
Beats Cena
Rock announces he will compete at RR
Rock beats Punk and Cena wins the Rumble
Now,Cena beats Rock and doesn't turn heel


Cena's heel turn is perhaps the only thing that can give pro-wrestling a much needed boost.Who else can give it a bigger boost than Rock and that too at WWE's biggest spectacle?


If WWE doesn't allow Cena to turn heel,what's the point?Rock's booking by WWE can be considered a successful failure if Cena doesn't turn heel.Successful for the fact that he drew money.A failure for the fact it established absolutely nothing in the long run.It's back to square one.Rock came and left.Cena is still the top face.Punk has lost all momentum as heel.
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
post #1874 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Mr.Guerrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 31
Points: 0
 
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERTHAT21 View Post
Yeah, a thread full of people complaining about this match...and you're the only one.
Well... I actually didn't read the stuff that people said about the match here, but I've seen a lot of marks at Facebook and Twitter marking out because of the rematch between these two. So... Sorry I guess, lol.

Mr.Guerrilla is offline  
post #1875 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Proud #NewBlack
 
Sheamus_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 23,565
Points: 2,953
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
Rock comes back
Beats Cena
Rock announces he will compete at RR
Rock beats Punk and Cena wins the Rumble
Now,Cena beats Rock and doesn't turn heel


Cena's heel turn is perhaps the only thing that can give pro-wrestling a much needed boost.Who else can give it a bigger boost than Rock and that too at WWE's biggest spectacle?


If WWE doesn't allow Cena to turn heel,what's the point?Rock's booking by WWE can be considered a successful failure if Cena doesn't turn heel.Successful for the fact that he drew money.A failure for the fact it established absolutely nothing in the long run.It's back to square one.Rock came and left.Cena is still the top face.Punk has lost all momentum as heel.
I agree, but until Vince is fully comfortable with someone to take that TOP spot which should have been Punk since 2011, Cena's heel turn is still on the HIGH maybe.


KARLA LOPEZ, THE HOTTEST MODEL/ACTRESS ALIVE. Sheamus, Swagger, Wade, Dixie, Cesaro, Sami, DB, RKO, Drew, Del Rio, Cody, Punk, AJ LEE / (RIP to one of the Pigtails Goddesses, AJ LEE) CHAMPviaDQ = Great GFX.
Sheamus_ROCKS is offline  
post #1876 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 AM
FEAR THE BROCKTAGON
 
JY57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 12,585
Points: 4,684
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

Quote:
TheRock
4:42am. London. Big day of press & premiere at famed Leicester Square - can't wait. AM cardio starts now.. #DropTheHammer #GIJOEWorldTour
-

http://images.wikia.com/deusex/en/images/e/e7/Adam_Jensen_Concept.jpg
JY57 is offline  
post #1877 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 AM
"He's just like someone from a David Lynch film."
 
SonoShion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manhattan, Nous York
Posts: 4,272
Points: 396
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

Quote:
TheRock
Missing #RAW again.#WorstRTWMever #Mylifeisawesome

SonoShion is offline  
post #1878 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,758
Points: 0
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger_ROCKS View Post
I agree, but until Vince is fully comfortable with someone to take that TOP spot which should have been Punk since 2011, Cena's heel turn is still on the HIGH maybe.
WWE is stuck just like it was in 1997 with nothing NEW.The only problem is there ain't an Austin to save them.Why?Because WWE gave Austin a chance to shine and he did it fine.

Nowdays,instead of giving some upcoming star a chance;they rather depend on Rock/Brock/Cena/Taker/HHH.WWE have put themselves in a very bad position.They may not realise it now but they would realise their folly down the line.

I just hope Rock/Taker/HHH/Austin(if he returns) would just never come back after this year's WM.They are just affecting the damn show
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
post #1879 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,343
Points: 54
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
WWE is stuck just like it was in 1997 with nothing NEW.The only problem is there ain't an Austin to save them.Why?Because WWE gave Austin a chance to shine and he did it fine.

Nowdays,instead of giving some upcoming star a chance;they rather depend on Rock/Brock/Cena/Taker/HHH.WWE have put themselves in a very bad position.They may not realise it now but they would realise their folly down the line.

I just hope Rock/Taker/HHH/Austin(if he returns) would just never come back after this year's WM.They are just affecting the damn show
There was a time period where they didn't even have the majority of those part time guys and they were still falling flat in the booking. WWE put themselves in a bad position because they were fucking up long before the part timers became major focus. Not Rock's and company fault.
WrestlingforEverII is offline  
post #1880 of 3421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,758
Points: 0
                     
Re: Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFE

-It's not Rock/Brock fault

-But if they aren't there,atleast WWE would give us a better product

-The product hasn't been entertaining at all before and after these 'returns'

Last edited by austin316 G.O.A.T; 03-18-2013 at 10:10 AM.
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome