Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

-   WWE PPV (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-ppv/)
-   -   JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match" (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-ppv/661121-jr-without-question-john-cena-focus-royal-rumble-match.html)

Choc Lesnar 01-21-2013 06:57 PM

JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match"
 
Just stumbled upon this little gem of mind fuckery:

30-Man Royal Rumble Match: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match which is not to say that several others competing in the bout don't have the opportunity to maximize their minutes and forward issues in which they are involved or to start new ones.

"The winner of the Rumble match theoretically has his ticket punched for a main event slot at WrestleMania. I can more easily emotionally invest in a multi person bout such as the Rumble match if something significant is at stake and it certainly is in this WWE HOFer Pat Patterson creation."

-JRSBARBQ.COM

I couldn't help but laugh in disgust when I read this. I mean really how far can WWE go with this redundant Cena is the underdog focus of everything shtick. How in the name of fuck is John Cena the focus of the Royal Rumble? He's not even stated he WANTS to win it let alone that he is going to WIN.

He's tied up in a feud with Ziggler isn't he? How does that make him - or Ziggler for that matter - the focus of the Royal Rumble match?

Id start making your bets people, this little abortion of a character is winning the Rumble and more than likely leaving Wrestlemania with the title.

Duplicitous Dub 01-21-2013 06:58 PM

Re: JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match"
 
I dont mind him winning, Cena vs Rock 2 will make money.

xdoomsayerx 01-21-2013 07:01 PM

Unfortunately cena is winning the rumble. And i won't really bitch about it, because of all the jobbing he did last year.

Also him winning the rumble will make the rumble look real important again.

Serpent01 01-21-2013 07:04 PM

Re: JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match"
 
He actually has a point though. Cena is the one most people are predicting to win the rumble. Especially with all the rumors of Rock vs. Cena 2 for the title.

Tyrion Lannister 01-21-2013 07:04 PM

Re: JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match"
 
I may be the last person on Earth, but I still think Ryback is winning. They haven't done a repeat Rumble winner since 2001, the Rumble winner never main events anymore, they always go for the B title, and Cena's the focus of the commercial, which is historically basically guaranteeing a loss, because to promote somebody on a commercial and then have them win is basically a spoiler, which you don't want to do on a PPV.

I remember last year when Sheamus was clearly winning, clear as crystal, they changed the focus to Jericho at the last minute to throw everyone off, everyone bought into the idea that Jericho was a lock, and then low and behold, Sheamus won just like you would've seen coming if you had paid any attention to the product in the previous months where he just killed people week after week after week after week. I'm not falling for that again, Ryback is winning.

Punk will lose to The Rock, he'll get a 1 on 1 rematch at the Chamber PPV, he'll lose, John Cena will win the Chamber for a title shot and that will set up Rock and Cena.

Choc Lesnar 01-21-2013 07:05 PM

Re: JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xdoomsayerx (Post 12899753)
Unfortunately cena is winning the rumble. And i won't really bitch about it, because of all the jobbing he did last year.

Also him winning the rumble will make the rumble look real important again.

I have to disagree, sorry. Cena, someone you described yourself as a jobber this past year, winning the Royal Rumble does not make the Rumble look important. What makes the Rumble look important is a good build up and a suprise victor who then gets a stable push and a match at Wrestlemania.

A good 60% of the fans are going to sigh and think "Really WWE? This is the best you could come up with?". We have seen Cena get that rub before, seeing it again would just leave a bad taste in peoples mouths. Especially given his plummeting popularity.

xdoomsayerx 01-21-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister (Post 12899857)
I may be the last person on Earth, but I still think Ryback is winning. They haven't done a repeat Rumble winner since 2001, the Rumble winner never main events anymore, they always go for the B title, and Cena's the focus of the commercial, which is historically basically guaranteeing a loss, because to promote somebody on a commercial and then have them win is basically a spoiler, which you don't want to do on a PPV.

I remember last year when Sheamus was clearly winning, clear as crystal, they changed the focus to Jericho at the last minute to throw everyone off, everyone bought into the idea that Jericho was a lock, and then low and behold, Sheamus won just like you would've seen coming if you had paid any attention to the product in the coming months. I'm not falling for that again, Ryback is winning.

Punk will lose to The Rock, he'll get a 1 on 1 rematch at the Chamber, he'll lose, John Cena will win the Chamber for a title shot and that will set up Rock and Cena.



i agree with your look on it but i doubt ryback wins... I keep thinking he's gonna get eliminated cheaply.

if cena doesn't win I think Orton will

BlakeGriffinFan32 01-21-2013 07:07 PM

Re: JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DubC (Post 12899673)
I dont mind him winning, Cena vs Rock 2 will make money.


And Championship vs. Streak wouldn't?

Choc Lesnar 01-21-2013 07:09 PM

Re: JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpent01 (Post 12899849)
He actually has a point though. Cena is the one most people are predicting to win the rumble. Especially with all the rumors of Rock vs. Cena 2 for the title.

I read this as being kayfabe. I dont know if I'm correct in assuming so. If it is kayfabe, his point is completely illogical. If anything, from a kayfabe standpoint, it would make more sense to have Cena vs Langston at the Rumble or Cena vs Dolph in some form of final confrontation.

Tyrion Lannister 01-21-2013 07:11 PM

Re: JR: "Without question, John Cena is the focus of the Royal Rumble match"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xdoomsayerx (Post 12899937)
i agree with your look on it but i doubt ryback wins... I keep thinking he's gonna get eliminated cheaply.

if cena doesn't win I think Orton will

I doubt it. They've pretty much guaranteed that he's going to MURDER all 3 Shield members in there.

Orton is a jobber, he's not winning the Rumble. Nor do I buy this idea that it's going to be Sheamus vs Orton for the title. I think it's pretty clear it will be Sheamus vs Orton, but as far as the belt goes, I still have Ryback winning the Rumble, Ziggler cashing in after the Chamber match and Ryback killing him at Mania. I can't see any other scenario for that title except maybe Del Rio vs Ziggler but it's been clear for a while they want a major title on Ryback. Frankly, if it wasn't for Rock, I think he would've beaten Punk at HIAC already.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome